Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Installing FSX and FSX:SE Updates

Thank you PMDG! Have been waiting in anticipation! Everything was installed onto a clean install (formatted hard drive a month or so ago, so no previous files left anywhere)

I have installed the Ryanair livery with no problems, but I just need conformation I can install FS2Crew for the 737. Have not had a definite 'Yes' so don't want to break everything if it wasn't tested?

Any information would be much apprecieated. Thanks for all the hard work and perseverance! Blue skies! 

Just seen that FS2Crew is not officially supported, so will leave any additional installs until it is.

Hi Kyle,

i hope you can help me out.

I loged into my PMDG eCommerce account and download the NGX and 777 installer to get the current version. As required i 

uninstalled the 737 and 777.

Well, her it comes, as i tried to unsinstall  the  777-200LR/F i resived a tjis message:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070005

>Kernel\ServiceProvider.cpp (121)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (597)
PAPP:PMDG 777-200LR/F Base Package FSX
PVENDOR:PMDG Simulations, LLC. (##ID_STRING1##)

So i can´t remove the 777-.... Can you help me

Kind regards
Steffen

Steffen Lutz

So i can´t remove the 777-.... Can you help me

support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Glyn, I uninstalled the NGX and FS2Crew and then reinstalled the NGX SP1d and FS2Crew.  Just completed a flight, and I didn't have any issues with FS2Crew.

Kyle, thanks for your effort with the NGX SP1d beta.  Dumb question, to activate the weather radar do I just hit the WXR button in the MCP?  I did that, and it says 4+ or something like that on the left side of the PFD, but I don't see any returns at all.  Granted, there were not a lot of clouds around during my flight.  So that could be it.

Thanks,

Gary Merka

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Kyle, thanks for your effort with the NGX SP1d beta.  Dumb question, to activate the weather radar do I just hit the WXR button in the MCP?

Yes.

I did that, and it says 4+ or something like that on the left side of the PFD, but I don't see any returns at all.

Weather radar find precipitation. No precip. No returns...

Kyle Rodgers

Got it. Thanks for the quick answer Kyle!

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Hi Kyle and others,

I don't have ASN ( weather radar is out) and I'd be installing the NGX update on FSX only. With that said, are there any new item's or fixes that would  make the update worth installing in my case. I don't want to do an uninstall/ install if there are no advantages for just FSX, non ASN users. If this is answered previously, please let me know where I can find it. Thanks for all your hard work and great customer service.

Best,

Brian

Thanks Roy,

That's what I was looking for. After reading the log, the details these guys put forth never ceases to amaze me.

Cheers,

Brian

Do you think it's safe to copy the Hours and config giles from the 777 aircraft folder ? (pmdg>>777 >> aircraft)

I am doing a clean install to prevent any odd issues, but really want to copy these across.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

There shouldn't be any issues copying those files across. However, should you experience any issues you'll know what is causing it

Thanks Kyle.  Following those procedures ensured a successful upgrade for me.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I was going to try to answer this, but I passed it on to another team member to see if they have a more specific answer. There's a reason behind leaving some of the directories alone, but I forget what it is.

We are investigating the panel states because they seem to behave differently between FSX and FSX-SE, when in theory they should not.

Robert, Kyle,

The default NGX panel state in my installation does not have the spurious master warnings problem. So I made a new "short" panel state using this as a basis and this loads correctly. Hopefully this workaround is useful for other FSX users with the same problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

@Ace

What files are they?

Thanks,

23.png