Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG 737 NGX Update SP1D - possible issue with FS2Crew?

Thanks for your reports, gentlemen!

To be honest I was reluctant to instal NGX Sp1d due to possible FS2Crew and Virtual CDU incompatibility.

They are integral part of my NGX experience, so I decided to refrain from installing the new SP since it is a great plane anyway.

But now at least I can see the FS2Crew is working. Great news! :good:

I just went through a full preflight with the F/O performing his tasks, and had no issues at T-8 or any other point... was using US-Male

try using another voice set. I remember in the past that sometimes I would have such issues with some voice sets.

Good idea. Why didn't I think of that?!? Thanks. I'll try tonight and report back. I was using the EU voices.

Regular FSX + NGX SP1d + FS2Crew Emergency NGX 2.3 Voice Edition works fine!

Did a full flight from Before Start Procedure to Shutdown Checklist, and no problem whatsoever. (Did the Preflight myself, though, because I always do so).

What I did before was a full uninstall in this order:

1. FS2Crew

2. NGX 600/700 SP1c

3. NGX 800/900 SP1c

4. Deleting all NGX folders as per the instructions in the PMDG forum

Then reinstalled:

1. NGX 800/900 SP1d

2. NGX 600/700 SP1d

3. FS2Crew NGX

4. FS2Crew Emergency NGX

When opening FS2Crew Configurator, I received the warning about SP1c not being present, but I just ignored it and enabled Emergency Voice Edition.

And everything is fine :)

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Did  the same  as above  and no issues here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Does anyone else have the crash in preflight at t minus 8 minutes when the load sheet arrives? I have a clean install of ngx sp1d and fs2crew. The crash happens every time i do the full preflight and I have no other problems with fs2crew. I get the sp1c warning but no sdk error.

Follow up on my strange crash to desktop:

Not knowing excactly what information is exchanged between FS2Crew and FSX it was very clear to me, that the crash was related to the load sheet dialouge.

I think it must have been related to a faulty NGX panel state. It looks like some of the panel states that were provided with the NGX sp1d installation were pre-sp1d and didn't work correctly. As I had used the "long" panel state I might have triggered the crash somehow. Another indication of the faulty panel state was the fact that the "aircond" and the "fuel" warning lights were illuminated without reason.

Anyway, what I did was to use the default NGX panel state (which was updated with the sp1d installation) and then shut the aircraft down. Then I saved the panel state. This new panel state has worked without crashes or strange warning lights. Problem seems to be solved!

So: Beware that panel states other than default might be corrupted.

If you look in the PMDG NGX folder you can actually tell that the panel state files for the most part are dated 2012.

I must admit that I was pretty lucky in so far as I didn't need to do a whole lot to get FS2Crew playing nicely with the SP1d update. Not sure what the overall consensus is on this with everybody else.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

How  did you do the sp1d update  use the repair or uninstall/ reinstall option

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

pete_auau,

I just utilised the "remove" option in the PMDG NGX Base SP1d installer then proceeded with the new install.

Didn't have to reinstall FS2Crew thankfully.

So far, so good.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

No problem  think that the users are having issues  is  that used  the repair  option instead of using  the uninstall/ reinstall option which I used,  and having  no issues other  than  the recall  issues mentioned in the pmdg thread.  So used my own panel  state  and now  have no issues at all.

Peter kelberg

I seem to be having a different issue with SP1D and Fs2Crew, the program isn't hearing me.

I did un-install and re-install, and made sure the right headset was selected. The FO does his preflight flow ok but when I call for the Preflight checklist nothing happens, and nothing comes up in the green bar.

Steve Caffey

I seem to be having a different issue with SP1D and Fs2Crew, the program isn't hearing me.

I did un-install and re-install, and made sure the right headset was selected. The FO does his preflight flow ok but when I call for the Preflight checklist nothing happens, and nothing comes up in the green bar.

That's not an SP1D issue, that's a general microphone problem.

Is the VOICE button on on the FS2Crew Main Panel?

Run the voice training again pls.

Make sure nothing is muting your mic.

That's not an SP1D issue, that's a general microphone problem.

Is the VOICE button on on the FS2Crew Main Panel?

Run the voice training again pls.

Make sure nothing is muting your mic.

Voice is on, nothing muting the mic. Ran training again, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Steve Caffey

SECURE checklist problem 

the fs2crew can't get switches status , if i run securing checklist before secure aircraft procedure it will give Packs, Emergency and IRS is closed while that still open, i did not check the other phases

Regards

I'm about to reinstall FS2Crew from scratch after installing the latest version of the NGX and I wanted to ask, should I first install the FS2Crew NGX base package and then the Emergency pack or could I install the Emergency pack right away?

I know the Emergency pack is said to be an expansion pack to the main product which would assume the base package needs to be installed first but when I tried launching the setup for Emergency without the base package installed I got no warnings which  made me wonder if I maybe won't need to install the base package...?

Richard Åsberg