Sign in to follow this  
Hanul_Kim

Any plan for MD11 P3D Version?

Nice! But can I get a custom walnut instrument panel and delivery to KAVP?? 1.1 mil USD, final offer. But seriously, the DC-6 is the reason I just bought xplane. I do love the md11, but the dc6 will be a new challenge entirely.

Are you sure the MD-11 doesn't work in P3d?

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Are you sure the MD-11 doesn't work in P3d?

Irrelevant. Doing so would be in violation of our EULA for the product, which is licensed for FSX only.

Kyle Rodgers

I purchased the MD-11 for FS9, and then again for FSX as separate products (When I purchased the FS9 version I was only using FS9 and not FSX)

I'd buy a P3D version over again, even if the only difference was the EULA and an installer that pointed to the right sim. Bug fixes and upgrades not required. (There was only 1 bug I remember in the MD11 as far as I can remember? - the VC could do with a texture touch up, but even without it the MD11 is still one of my favourite 5)

Of course I don't actually use P3D yet... so that's pretty academic for me at this stage.

Irrelevant. Doing so would be in violation of our EULA for the product, which is licensed for FSX only.

yes of course you are correct

But it does work in P3D

Apparently

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

PMDG should relax for the loyal purchasers and allow the EULA in this instance to be extended. My opinion.  We are their business, without us, they don't exist.

Dave Taylor gb.png

PMDG should relax for the loyal purchasers and allow the EULA in this instance to be extended. My opinion.  We are their business, without us, they don't exist.

Correct...but if a corporation were to find that we were allowing their data to be used outside of the license we've obtained for said use, the legal cost could also make us "not exist." P3D has never, and will never be a "just make a new installer" issue for us. Period. End. It involves a lot more than what this community wants to give it credit for, whether the community members want to admit to that or not. At one point, as RSR mentioned, said legal issues kept our entry into P3D on hold as they thought we were not being aggressive about protecting their interests..

So, please trust us when we say it's not as simple as everyone would like to believe.

This one references wanting to remain in the good graces of our licensing partners:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/440788-26apr14-p3d-development-status-thread-updated/

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I'd like to see the MD-11 in P3d, but it works just fine in FSX.

Besides some folks get to play "you bet your job" a coupe times a year in a CAE MD-11 full-flight simulator. :-)))

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Correct...but if a corporation were to find that we were allowing their data to be used outside of the license we've obtained for said use, the legal cost could also make us "not exist." P3D has never, and will never be a "just make a new installer" issue for us. Period. End. It involves a lot more than what this community wants to give it credit for, whether the community members want to admit to that or not. At one point, as RSR mentioned, said legal issues kept our entry into P3D on hold as they thought we were not being aggressive about protecting their interests..

So, please trust us when we say it's not as simple as everyone would like to believe.

This one references wanting to remain in the good graces of our licensing partners:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/440788-26apr14-p3d-development-status-thread-updated/

Thanks for your explanation Kyle. I am wiser now, good buddy.  :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

well I really hope that one of theses days someone develops (or at least upgrades) a nice MD-11 for FsX/P3d...   such a nice aircraft. Its a shame that PMDG for instance, does not make a decent upgrade, of their product, as they did with 747.

Apart from being the ideal time to necropost, I would pint out that there is a reasonable (by that I mean lite and it has some quirks) MD-11 for P3D and that is the one by Sky Simulations.. which is out now. When will the Rotate MD be available - every Xplane MD-11 enthusiast has it on their wish list...

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)