Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Camera viewpoint shifting forward

I have always noticed slight changes in camera viewpoint when flying , but lately it has gotten really extreme, to a point where i tried a complete clean install of Opus and completely deleted all of my camera def files and started fresh. Still this problem persist's. 

It wasn't that noticable until i busted my Traclip Pro and have been flying with my camera views that i have set up on my Razer mouse through my keyboard (also how I re-centre TIR). 

Everything starts out fine with all my view points exactly as set up in my camera control, but by the time I'm up at my cruise altitude, i have shifted forward by a simulated distance of about a foot. As i said, this has always happened to an extent, but not like it is now. 

What could cause this?

I fly the PMDG NGX & 777

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you have deleted your CAM files then there will be no cameras or DHM active, unless you have disabled Live Camera and enabled General DHM that is.

Have you also disabled the TrackIR option in the Opus Configure dialog. You could be getting spurious inputs or head movement through the TrackIR NP SDK. So make sure you have disable our TrackIR option.

That will only leave the simulators own head movement or the infamous axis shift that is quite noticeable in the 777.

We provide a quick and fast remedy for the axis shift using Live Camera in combo with Live Camera Control to make ad hoc adjustments with the Set and Reset Camera functions. These adjustments are extremely quick and effective when using a dedicated LCC GamePad Controller for the changes with assigned buttons for the Set and Reset Camera LCC functions.

Stephen :-)

If you are using Live Camera or DHM with P3D you should also enable and set up the OpusPDK Interface using the latest OpusFSI Beta version. If not using LC or DHM then there will be no eye point adjustment by Opus.

Stephen

Hi Stephen, why wouldn't i have any cameras active or DHM. I completely did a fresh install, that is to say, I completely uninstalled and removed all trace of Opus from my pc, then used the Flight1 Wrapper and started from scratch. I set all defaults, disabled TIR (until I repair my Clip Pro), enabled all as per the guides, set up DHM in the camera configuration and created a complete new set of cameras, all left at the default zoom.

I know there is a bit of a problem with this axis shift and the 777, but these changes are huge.

I am using FSX and at present still on Opus FSX. I have been using your camera feature since the early days of your product, so i am familiar with it, except the LCC, which until now, I did not seem to need.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

If you haven't already done so then upgrade to the latest posted OpusFSX version (3.53 I believe). Monitor Spy to see if any 6DOF errors are reported. Try to isolate whether it's a result of DHM. Try disabling DHM in the VC camera view. Try turning off any head acceleration effects in DHM. Do the same in FSX just in case it's related to that.

Check to see if you have LCC enabled, then check our Shortcuts dialog to make sure no unexpected key or button has been assigned to any LCC function or eye point adjustment. Check for something similar in the sim etc..

That's all I can think of really. Opus eye point adjustments can only come from DHM, AHM, Live Camera, and Live Camera Control.

If you are using your mouse, is it something to do with a sort of mouse look feature in the sim, or a zoom effect resulting from mouse usage?

I have a XBOX 360 wireless cntr which works perfectly for the LCC function, only problem is that in order for this to work (on my setup), i have to have my XB360 connected "before" I start up Opus, if I don't, the Opus LCC feature does not respond.

This is fine at the start of my flight (when i don't need it), but after about an hour (or however much time from cold and dark to cruise takes), my 360 has turned off. I can turn it back on and it connects fine, but not with Opus.

this leaves me with three options

1) Connect at the start of my flight and constantly remember to

hit a few buttons on my 360 every once in a while to keep it awake (A royal pain)

2) forget about the LCC and put up with (not an option)

3) find a way to either (i) keep my controller awake, or (ii) find a way for Opus to connect with my controller if Opus is already running when i connect my 360 ctrl.

Rick Hobbs

I use a Sony DualShock3 Controller. All the controller needs is its Windows driver for Opus to see it as a controller via standard DirectX. You could simply buy a controller for your sim, one that has a Windows driver and does not need anything else.

Have you tried downloading and installing drivers for your Xbox 360 wireless?

I believe you can Google it ...

Don't know if this will help,

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup#4a8435d89e014e50aaa97a4a89dc42eb

Don't forget to try and isolate what's causing your eye point drift forward.

Stephen

Have the latest drivers. Is a wireless 360 cntr. supposed to connect to Opus if Opus is running first? In other words, i don't want to spend any more time looking for something that isn't possible.

Thanks,

Rick Hobbs

Since installing new drivers my controller is now being recognized by fsuipc and assigning duplicate button numbers of my SAITEK yoke so now when i am connected to Opus, the controller now duplicates my yoke commands as well as move my camera.

unless I'm daft (quite possible) I can't delete the commands in fsuipc without deleting them from my yoke button and axis assignments.

Have spent hours on this and just created a mess.

Rick Hobbs

Nothing connects to Opus, it doesn't work like that. Your controller with the correct Windows driver will be recognised as a controller, just like a joystick is, by the Windows DirectX interface. This allows you to 'see' and 'select' it for use in packages like Opus. Just leave it connected or connect it prior to running the sim and any Addon using it.

The sims normal operation ... every time you connect a controller it will usually automatically assign functions to its axes and buttons ... You MUST delete these assignments unless of course you intend to use them. But this is why you do not keep plugging your controllers in and out. Nothing to do with Opus, just normal sim functioning.

Best to just set your controllers up, update drivers etc., then modify your sims settings removing any unwanted assigned functions and axes, then use the buttons and axes as you desire in fsuipc4 and Opus etc..

And YES of course it works. After all thousands are using it and have dedicated controllers assigned for LCC use. See our documentation for details and example settings for the Sony DualShock3 Controller.

Should only take a short while to set this stuff up, just a case of going through your settings in the sim, fsuipc4, and then Opus for LC and LCC use. Then leave it alone and do not keep unplugging and reconnecting the controllers. If things are set up and left connected then the system will be ready. Do remember to make sure your controller inputs and mouse are not assigned to multiple functions.

Hi Stephen, yes i know i am not supposed to keep plugging and unplugging my controller. What I mean by connecting is pressing the connection button on the controller and the light flashes and then remains lit.

i have not had a problem setting it up to operate the LCC, my problem is getting it to work if i need to use it after it goes to sleep through no activity and of course in the middle of a flight and Opus is running.

Not to mention that i can't remove the contlr from fsuipc.

Edit: Maybe I am not explaining things clrearly.

I have had absolutely no problems installing and setting up my XB360 controller, i have used it for years on my gamer pc.

I installed the cntlr on my rig in seconds, it was immediately recognized by my pc and fsx and as long as it is active (LED continually lit), it will show up in the Opus shortcut dialog drop down list as an available controller to apply shortcuts to. I have done all that.

my problem is, that if during flight, i don't use the 360 for a while it goes to sleep (the LED goes out). It has always done that on my gamer but i just press the connect button and continue on. It doesn't work like that with Opus. Once it goes to sleep it wont work unless i stop and start opus. It works (if i wanted it to) with FSX and unfortunately fsuipc, but not your LCC.

The big problem is that i can't stop FSUIPC from recognizing it unless i delete the button assignments from FSUIPC but for instance button# 32 on my controller is duplicating button#32 on my Saitek yoke. Don't ask me why.

Rick Hobbs

If it or its interface (receiver) is plugged into a USB port then check and make sure the USB port is not being powered down as part of some power management scheme. The USB port could simply be hibernating thereby disconnecting the controller.

Not sure about fsuipc4 but if no buttons or axes are assigned I don't think it will matter. The controller also needs to be enabled in the sim but again all functions and axes assignments deleted.

If it or its interface (receiver) is plugged into a USB port then check and make sure the USB port is not being powered down as part of some power management scheme. The USB port could simply be hibernating thereby disconnecting the controller.

Not sure about fsuipc4 but if no buttons or axes are assigned I don't think it will matter. The controller also needs to be enabled in the sim but again all functions and axes assignments deleted.

Stephen, Please see my edit above.

Even though i have deleted all of the FSX controller assignments, i have to disable joystick in FSX. All of my flight controls are through FSUIPC.

Rick Hobbs

OK, This is where it stands, I have managed to get rid of the FSUIPC button assignments so that i can adjust my camera view point and i can move my camera up-down-sideways -backwards & forwards without changing my heading or doing a barrel roll, in fact this feature works very well and is not the problem and never was. What is the problem, is that I can't use this feature if I don't have a need to use the XBOX controller for a period of time and it goes to sleep (the LED goes out) and unlike the games i have on my gaming rig, if i press the guide button and reconnect the controller to my pc it will not interact with Opus LCC key shortcut controls dialog again until i shut down Opus and restart it "while  the 360 controller is connected to my pc".

Therefore, if this is not fixable through software, be it Opus, Microsoft or whatever on my PC, then the XBOX 360 controller is not a good option for this application.

That being the case, I can't believe that this has not come up on this forum before now, so for now I am going to keep digging.

Rick Hobbs

You could always purchase a Sony DualShock3 Controller for your sim flying, they are not expensive, and you are not forced to use your XBox controller for sim flying.

You can also enable the controllers in the sim even though you are not actually using them and have none of their inputs or axes assigned to anything in the sim.

Stephen