Sign in to follow this  
archaic58

NGX and P3D v2.5

Just installed the NGX today into P3D v2.5 without a hitch. Flew from KSNA, Latin VFR to CYYZ, Fly Tampa. Also FTX Global and FS Global 10. No problems and everything worked perfect. Great Job PMDG. I have been a loyal customer for about 5 years now and will continue to be so. 

Thanks for the great products

How is the FPS? I dont use P3D yet, might soon though.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Frames are consistent or slightly better than FSX. The visuals are night and day difference. The whole look and feel of P3D is a lot better. Worth the money in my book. 

I have 4790K and GTX 780, performance in P3D is still crap! I wish people would stop misleading others on P3D FSX comparisons.

Performance is only slightly improved.

I don't think it warrants you spending money on it. I wish I didn't. I fly the NGX around Australia with ORBX sceneries. All the tick boxes are deselected, no traffic at all, ASN + REX4. I get 20-25 at the gate in P3D v2.5 with the NGX Pre-flight complete... that's the same I'd get in FSX. The NGX also feels notchy, even when frames are high (30-40). It's not the NGX, it's P3D. P3D is crap!

Just remember something... P3D is still FSX!! It is just slightly more evolved (emphasis on slightly).

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

I have 4790K and GTX 780, performance in P3D is still crap! I wish people would stop misleading others on P3D FSX comparisons.

Performance is only slightly improved.

I don't think it warrants you spending money on it. I wish I didn't. I fly the NGX around Australia with ORBX sceneries. All the tick boxes are deselected, no traffic at all, ASN + REX4. I get 20-25 at the gate in P3D v2.5 with the NGX Pre-flight complete... that's the same I'd get in FSX. The NGX also feels notchy, even when frames are high (30-40). It's not the NGX, it's P3D. P3D is crap!

Just remember something... P3D is still FSX!! It is just slightly more evolved (emphasis on slightly).

Brian Nellis

That is only your personal opinion - what you tend to forget is that:

1.) In Prepar3D no tweeking etc is necessary - install - fly, just as easy as that.

2.) one can not compare settings between FSX and P3Dv2 - same settings give way more eyecandy in P3D

3.) Much improved VAS handling......

4.) last not least - its not about fps but about fluidity and sorry - there are worlds inbetween FSX and P3D when it comes to this......

kind regards

Agree to disagree...

did Robert Randozzo not say that Circuit Breakers would not be modelled in the FSX/P3D version of the DC6 because the performance hit costs 20FPS? This statement to me demonstrates that the performance gains are not so great in P3D, which means that they couldn't (or wouldn't) model the circuit breakers.

- I do enjoy the no tweaking part, except for the fact that I cant smooth out the jagged edges and blurred writing in the sim anymore.

- They should've worries less about eye candy, and more on developing a sim that can properly handle the loads and expectations we place on it. Maybe then we could have all the eye candy we want, without concern as to whether we'd be wasting money on a scenery/aircraft our hardware cannot run in its fullest glory.

- P3D may handle the processes more efficiently, but for some reason, it still handles everything else poorly. My god those edgey shadows drive me nuts!

- FPS is a key indicator about how fluid the experience is going to be, and I think the gap between FSX and P3D is far more narrower than a couple of worlds.

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

3.) Much improved VAS handling......

Erm....................are you sure about that? The huge thread about VAS with the 777 (and the fact people can hardly fly it without an OOM) says otherwise.

Just installed the NGX today into P3D v2.5 without a hitch. Flew from KSNA, Latin VFR to CYYZ, Fly Tampa. Also FTX Global and FS Global 10. No problems and everything worked perfect. Great Job PMDG. I have been a loyal customer for about 5 years now and will continue to be so. 

Thanks for the great product

PMDG asks that all posts must be signed with your full name in their forums, otherwise posts will be deleted.

Prepar3D 2.5 was the tipping point for better performance than FSX. Ever since I installed 2.5, I have way more FPS than I ever did with FSX. No one is misleading anybody, P3D is superior. 

I'm having issues with 737NGX and P3D at the moment... I ended up clicking on those SimConnect installers, and installed the NGX right after. I load in and FSDreamteam's Couatl is giving an error about an engine or something else causing issues in the simulator. FPS is less than 3. I posted on their forums about it to see what I did wrong. 

I have way more FPS than I ever did with FSX. No one is misleading anybody, P3D is superior. 

That is subjective. Some people have higher fps, others have less. Completely system dependent. 

FPS is less than 3

I thought you said you got higher FPS in P3D than FSX :P

Erm....................are you sure about that? The huge thread about VAS with the 777 (and the fact people can hardly fly it without an OOM) says otherwise.

Well, yes, one still needs to manage VAS in P3D since it essentially still is a 32bit application, however, for example, a flight I regularely conduct from Fly Tampas LOWW to Fly Tampas EKCH with the 777 was not possible in FSX, and has no problems in P3D so yes - VAS handling has improved....

I rarely get an OOM in P3D contrary to FSX.....

kind regards

Well, yes, one still needs to manage VAS in P3D since it essentially still is a 32bit application, however, for example, a flight I regularely conduct from Fly Tampas LOWW to Fly Tampas EKCH with the 777 was not possible in FSX, and has no problems in P3D so yes - VAS handling has improved....

I rarely get an OOM in P3D contrary to FSX.....

kind regards

Again, a lot of people say otherwise. Read this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/455526-777-oom-depleted-vas-my-brand/

Until I see that 50% of P3D users are not happy with it, I will not go for it, it's too risky. I hope things will be different with the 64 bit version. Stuck to FSX for the moment...

James Goggi

Until I see that 50% of P3D users are not happy with it, I will not go for it, it's too risky. I hope things will be different with the 64 bit version. Stuck to FSX for the moment...

Yep same here.

did Robert Randozzo not say that Circuit Breakers would not be modelled in the FSX/P3D version of the DC6 because the performance hit costs 20FPS? This statement to me demonstrates that the performance gains are not so great in P3D, which means that they couldn't (or wouldn't) model the circuit breakers.

Eh...I think basing it off of this one fact is a bit misleading. The issue here is the manner in which click spots were implemented in the sim. Performance gains in P3D in other areas might not be revolutionary, but that's not to say that there haven't been improvements over FSX.

Kyle Rodgers

I agree. Hence my initial post in bold and underlined saying that performance is slightly improved. I guess to be fair I should elaborate and say that that statement is issued as a layman. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing what LM have for us in the future, I just don't think it v2.5 matches my expectations :(

Anyway, thanks mate.

Brian Nellis

PS I retract the statement RE Circuit Breakers, and issue apologies to all!

Brian Nellis