Sign in to follow this  
qqwertz

Installing 777 both in boxed FSX and FSX-STeam

I am running both FSX Gold and Steam edition on the same computer and have installed the 777 in FSX Gold. When I tried to install it in Steam as well, I only was offered the option to uninstall or repair the existing Gold installation. Clicking on "repair" only produced a message that I need to uninstall the 777 first.

Is it possible to install the plane in both versions of FSX? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks,

Peter

P.S.: I am not comfortable with signing with my full name in a forum that is not protected against search engines. I hope the last four digits of my OrderID suffice: 1938. Please PM me if you need more information.

apologies if i have misunderstood you but are you using the same installer for both products as far as im aware there is a different installer you use for the steam edition?

hope this help

Stewart Cumbers

I am running both FSX Gold and Steam edition on the same computer and have installed the 777 in FSX Gold. When I tried to install it in Steam as well, I only was offered the option to uninstall or repair the existing Gold installation. Clicking on "repair" only produced a message that I need to uninstall the 777 first.

Is it possible to install the plane in both versions of FSX? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks,

Peter

P.S.: I am not comfortable with signing with my full name in a forum that is not protected against search engines. I hope the last four digits of my OrderID suffice: 1938. Please PM me if you need more information.

Unfortunately, the full name rule applies to everyone with no exceptions. If you're not comfortable including your name, you can contact PMDG directly in private through a support ticket.

Signing posts is a requirement here in this forum. If you're uncomfortable with complying with this, you can use support.precisionmanuals.com for support.

Kyle Rodgers