Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdu

National WWII Memorial's Registry of Remembrances

Guest Air1

Ok, something positive. Lest we forget what they did for us and that their breathern continue to sacrifice to this day.http://www.wwiimemorial.com You can search for people or add to the data base your own honoreeand service information. For a small donation you can add a picture.Check it out.Steve A

Guest Air1

I must say I am disapointed in the response to this. I guess must people here are too young to think much about WW2 with all that is going on in the world today. I was born just a few days after the end of the war. The veterans of this great world conflectwill soon be gone and we need to remember. My father and two Uncles are on the Registry. All three made it back but so so many others from just about every contry in the world did not. So on this 60th anniversary of D Day th 6th of June 1944 lets give some thought. I will get off the soap box now.Steve A

I settled in this afternoon to watch the live proceedings from France covering the D Day landings. I was appalled to find only one news channel MSNBC covering the event and the talking heads there wouldn't shut up for for more than one minute during the events. I'll have to say, from what I was able to see, France put on one first class event. Loved the flyover by the the old warbirds. I'm hoping a copy of the events will be made available someday. Being an aviation buff, years ago, I started collecting autographs from WW2 pilots. Some of us still remember. John Fitzpatrick

Guest jdu

WWII was the proudest moment of our nations history. I am extremly upset on how this nation forgot so easily, over half the people I asked didn't even know why WWII happend!!!!!:-8 I am only 15, I know more about the war than most of the collage grads I know! It makes me want to cry! And, if you've noticed, the American socitey now-a-days pushes that it is more important to study the past of other countries than our own!! I have been honored to meet several veterains of WWII, and they are the symbol of what an American should be! Also, some college professors, are pushing the belif that the ######'s were just "miss-understood"! They say the same thing about Al Queda!! This country is starting to head the way of Rome, falling apart from the inside! Belive me, you do not want to get me started about the way this country is now! :-newburn Not all of us has forgotten.