Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Unable to install Prepar3D – Help needed!

Hi all,

After the latest hotfixes, I decided to go on a full scale re-install of my system. So, I formated my computer and installed in the following sequence the following:

1) Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
2) All Gigabyte Z77X-D3H oficial drivers (sound, usb, etc)
3) Latest Nvidia driver 347.52 for my GTX970
3) Remaining Windows 7 system updates
4) Chrome, Winrar, Adobe Reader
5) TrackIR 5.2.2, PFPX v1.9, TOPCAT, Navigraph Desktop Charts

…and then I installed Prepar3D using the unziped folder from “Prepar3D_v2_Academic_2.5.12943.0.zip” which I downloaded directly from my account.

The problem is that after installation (which hangs a lot at the end of it, but it finalizes), I cannot get the simulator to work.

At first the splash screen appears it loads 2 separate loading bars quickly and then it stays there.
Other times I manage to get past the splash screen, the window opens up as expected, I get a black background and a new loading bar at the center (as expected again). But when this final loading completes, I hear the engine sound of the F-22 but the image remains black. I wait nothing happens for many minutes and if I click anywhere in windows the engine sound stops, the cursor inside Prepar3D becomes a loading icon and it freezes. If I try to exit it crashes. I tried completely uninstalling and re-installing but no success.

Windows Event Viewer give the following:

The program Prepar3D.exe version 2.5.12943.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 46c
Start Time: 01d057a7e45bc5ea
Termination Time: 60
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: 40852cb6-c39b-11e4-927a-902b34da42e2

————————

The weird thing is that I have re-installed Prepar3D many times I never had a problem, any time with installation.

The weird thing number 2, is that it happened again even when I re formated my computer for a second time and did the same steps.

I tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and installed 345.20 but again the same happened.

**Is it possible that the .zip file that I have downloaded from my work computer and transferred it via an external HD to be corrupted, besides the fact that it decompressed and installed normaly?

Any help would be really appreciated! 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

**Is it possible that the .zip file that I have downloaded from my work computer and transferred it via an external HD to be corrupted, besides the fact that it decompressed and installed normaly?

In my opinion, this is unlikely, because if the archive is corrupted, you won't even open it.

As far as I remember, there are MD5 control checksums next to filenames, so you can compare them and check if you have corrupted files.

Since you have reinstalled P3D multiple times before, I guess this is some driver related issue, or operating system. Try uninstalling and cleaning up registry.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Extract the zip with Winrar.  By far the best utility, and free if you can live with the startup ad.

Run CCleaner before install to remove all temp, cache and rogue files.

Do not install in default folder.  Use C:\P3D or C:\P3D v2.

Install P3D before you install any add-ons.  They will invariably want to install files or at least know where P3D is located.

Good luck.

Thank you both for your replies! :)

The thing is that it happened even after doing a new format in my computer.

I only use the free edition of Winrar for decompressing. 

About add-ons.. PFPX, Topcat, Navigraph and TrackIR are software unrelated with the installation paths of Prepar3D as far as I know.

I am currently re-downloading Prepar3D this time using the Individual components method, however I also think very unlikely to be a corrupted file cause..I suppose it would have installed with errors in such a case.

If that does not work either, I will do again a format and install only windows updates, nvidia drivers and then Prepar3D...After that I'm out of ideas. Very frustrating to have purchased NGX for P3D not being able to install it...

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

Both PFPX and Navigraph Data Manager, if you use that as well, need to know the location of your flight sim path.

The file is either getting corrupted during transfers, or you have a bad driver.

Try the WHQL 344.16 drivers.  I've found them very good.

Thank you both for your replies! :)

The thing is that it happened even after doing a new format in my computer.

I only use the free edition of Winrar for decompressing. 

About add-ons.. PFPX, Topcat, Navigraph and TrackIR are software unrelated with the installation paths of Prepar3D as far as I know.

I am currently re-downloading Prepar3D this time using the Individual components method, however I also think very unlikely to be a corrupted file cause..I suppose it would have installed with errors in such a case.

If that does not work either, I will do again a format and install only windows updates, nvidia drivers and then Prepar3D...After that I'm out of ideas. Very frustrating to have purchased NGX for P3D not being able to install it...

Did you disable your virus scanner during install?

André

Did you disable your virus scanner during install?

Thank you guys very much for your interest to help..

I didn't installed any anti-virus at all during these 2 formats because I was aware of possible such problems.

Dean, yes PFPX uses the Prepar3D path for generating fligntplan and weather files but it seems unlikely that it modifies Prepar3D core files that could create such a problem. 

However it seems the only logical next step to not install anything on a clean system.

Thank you guys very much for your interest to help..

I didn't installed any anti-virus at all during these 2 formats because I was aware of possible such problems.

Dean, yes PFPX uses the Prepar3D path for generating fligntplan and weather files but it seems unlikely that it modifies Prepar3D core files that could create such a problem. 

However it seems the only logical next step to not install anything on a clean system.

First when reinstall a new system before any further steps make sure all drivers are install ok then run windows update probably multiple reboots and updates.

Install the dotnet framework versions update DX .... 

After that start the prepar3d install (new download to rule out file corruption) and not in the program file directory....

Cheers,

André

Ok...problem solved! At last! After 2 days of searching...

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000.....when disconnected from my rear usb port of the computer..no problem anymore! 

Actually if connected in any USB port of my computer same problem happens. Only solution if it is connected on the USB hub...

Very weird things...at least I can enjoy my new NGX in P3D this weekend :)

Thank you all for your help!

Ok...problem solved! At last! After 2 days of searching...

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000.....when disconnected from my rear usb port of the computer..no problem anymore! 

Actually if connected in any USB port of my computer same problem happens. Only solution if it is connected on the USB hub...

Very weird things...at least I can enjoy my new NGX in P3D this weekend :)

Thank you all for your help!

Glad you found the solution just have fun :-)

André