I am trying to merge the SkySpirit2013 777-9X outside model with the Posky 777 Virtual cockpit with the jb777 panel, but no matter what, it just doesn't seem to work. Basically, I am taking Posky's VC textures and panels, plus the jb777 panels, and putting them in my 777-9X folder. I applied fixes to the aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg and whatnot, but still no VC. Can anyone help?

Let's see if I get this right....You want to sit in your SkySpirit2013 777-9x looking at a JB777 2D

panel and switching to VC, then look at the original VC cockpit that came with the SkySpirit2013 aircraft?

Have you tried copying everything from the SkySpirit2013 panel.cfg starting at [VCockpit01] all the

way down to the bottom of the page and pasting into the JB777 panel.cfg starting at the bottom of it's info?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Let's see if I get this right....You want to sit in your SkySpirit2013 777-9x looking at a JB777 2D

panel and switching to VC, then look at the original VC cockpit that came with the SkySpirit2013 aircraft?

Have you tried copying everything from the SkySpirit2013 panel.cfg starting at [VCockpit01] all the

way down to the bottom of the page and pasting into the JB777 panel.cfg starting at the bottom of it's info?

Thanks for replying, but I actually wanted the POSKY 777 virtual cockpit IN the SkySpirit. The jb777 panel modifies the virtual cockpit a bit and adds LNAV, VNAV, FMC, and much more to the plane.

Plus, the Boeing 777-9X I got from here doesn't have a virtual cockpit. I found one compiled by ricardo_tv, but it has the virtual cockpit of an A310 (after all, the panel for that one is called Tom310)

The 2D panel is working great, but not the virtual cockpit. I replaced the normal 777 Posky Utilities with the 777-9X Posky_Utilities (Hooray, wing folding).

Basically, Boeing 777-9X exterior with POSKY 777 virtual cockpit and the jb777 panel

OK, so do you have a POSKY 777 aircraft that has the POSKY 777 VC?  What would happen if you

copied all of the [VCockpit] info from the POSKY 777 panel.cfg and put it in the JB777

panel.cfg.  I think it would then show the VC you want in the SkySpirit aircraft.  You would

be aliasing the VC from the POSKY 777 into the SkySpirit.  Did the SkySpirit2013 have a VC at

all??  It may not be modeled for a VC, so what I'm suggesting will probably not work.

I guess you are actually trying to do a VC merge which is moderately complicated.

Sorry if I am rambling on here!  POSKY aircraft are really not FSX native aircraft and you

may not  be successful doing the merge.

I think my head is spinning on my shoulders by now! :rolleyes:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You can't merge the 2 because Posky was built for FE9/2004 and the interior and exterior are one model and not separate like FSX is. You are asking FSX to load 2 planes and one cockpit. I don't even think it is possible to alias it in either because of the same reason.I spent hours trying to do it. and failed until I figured out what was going on.

Right now I am working on making a 3D cockpit with my CAD program that I just figured out it save to 3ds that can be imported to GMAX, still need to find the step that gets me to a mdl file, Model Converter x does not go from 3ds ro mdl. 
I don't know the process for posting picture here yet so I will post a link to a open group on Facebook and you can check them out there. 

Rick

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1680650822153520/1708022162749719/?notif_t=like