Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

PMDG737-NGX, P3D Edition

Will the current FS2Crew PMDG 737NGX work with the new PMDG 737 for P3D, or must we await an update?  Thanks.

It will work with P3D if you manually migrate it over to P3D.

Copy panel.cfg files and manually add the ENABLE SDK = 1 text to the PMDG Options.ini to make it work in P3D as shown below:

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

This is an unsupported fix, but it will work.

I'm working hard on a "Reboot" version that will officially support SP1D, Steam and Prepar 3D.

Reboot is a re-write of the old NGX version and makes a lot of changes and improvements.

It will work with P3D if you manually migrate it over to P3D.

Copy panel.cfg files and manually add the ENABLE SDK = 1 text to the PMDG Options.ini to make it work in P3D as shown below:

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

This is an unsupported fix, but it will work.

I'm working hard on a "Reboot" version that will officially support SP1D, Steam and Prepar 3D.

Reboot is a re-write of the old NGX version and makes a lot of changes and improvements.

Bryan, what about a fresh install into P3D?  Will that work?  I no longer have FSX on my pc(clean install of win7 and everything) so can't copy old panel.cfg or anything like that.  I still haven't quite heard someone that has installed it successfully clean to P3D.

I will only try it if it's known to work.  Otherwise I'll just wait patiently for Reboot.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Bryan, what about a fresh install into P3D?  Will that work?  I no longer have FSX on my pc(clean install of win7 and everything) so can't copy old panel.cfg or anything like that.  I still haven't quite heard someone that has installed it successfully clean to P3D.

I will only try it if it's known to work.  Otherwise I'll just wait patiently for Reboot.

Your best bet is to wait for Reboot.

It will work in P3D, but the problem is the installers and Config Manager doesn't support P3D.

The only way it will work in P3D is if you migrate your current FS2Crew from FSX into P3D.

We're working hard on Reboot. 

It's priority number 1.

A separate team is working on UGCX...

Bryan, thank you for the quick response to my support ticket at the home site.  As I said, I want to do things right and will await the reboot version.  Thanks again for the fine products!

Just copy the FS2Crew folder from fsx to p3d main folder. then overwrite the panelcfg in Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel 

with this file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlhsiwkydyrlm6u/panel.cfg?dl=1

THEN! set a button on the keyboard or yoke (I use the "~" for it, I mean, I never use P3D atc :P) and voila

ALso, don't forget to add the line as boris said

manually add the ENABLE SDK = 1 text to the PMDG Options.ini to make it work in P3D as shown below:

[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

ps: obviously just a fix till the reboot, I can't wait for the switch between button and voice key..AND UGCX!!!! ;) #loyalcustomer

Victor Roos

Would using EMT be a good idea to be able to do a proper installation into P3Dv2.5?

Otherwise I will give what is suggested here a try while waiting for next version of FS2Crew.

Richard Åsberg

Yes it's the Estonian Migration tool.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Yes, sorry. I guessed you were familiar with it.

Have only tested it briefly way back when P3Dv2 was first released but after reading through various forums lots of people have been using it to port various addons into FSX so I figured maybe it could help with FS2Crew as well.

Richard Åsberg

I'm happy to report FS2Crew installed just fine using EMT and seems to be working just fine after my first testing but of course need to do a proper flight to know for sure but so far so good :smile:

Richard Åsberg

I'm happy to report FS2Crew installed just fine using EMT and seems to be working just fine after my first testing but of course need to do a proper flight to know for sure but so far so good :smile:

Were you installing into a P3D only system?  Or did you have FSX already and copy the panel.cfg from the FSX install?  For me, I'm on a fresh new install of Win7/P3D only.  So I have no option of doing anything with the old FS2Crew/PMDG/FSX stuff.

I'm patiently waiting for reboot and fine to continue doing that.  But, if it DOES indeed work just installing w/ EMT and not needing previous FSX stuff, then I'd give it a go.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I do have the old FSX stuff backed up but didn't use anything from the old FSX installation but only the EMT so if you want to use the original FS2Crew while waiting it seems to work fine.

Do note though that I haven't yet had the time to do a complete flight. So far I only checked that I'm able to open up the FS2Crew control panel and do all the settings in there for sound device to use etc.

Will report back in here as soon as I've tried a complete flight and let you know how it worked out.

Richard Åsberg

I do have the old FSX stuff backed up but didn't use anything from the old FSX installation but only the EMT so if you want to use the original FS2Crew while waiting it seems to work fine.

Do note though that I haven't yet had the time to do a complete flight. So far I only checked that I'm able to open up the FS2Crew control panel and do all the settings in there for sound device to use etc.

Will report back in here as soon as I've tried a complete flight and let you know how it worked out.

Hi I have P3D and FSX is completely gone off my PC. I have the EMT and got it installed into P3D properly, however it won't work because of the SDK failure....do you know how to fix that?

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom