Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

PMDG737-NGX, P3D Edition

I didn't, it was done by the installation program which was fooled to think it was installing into a normal FSX installation thanks to the migration tool I guess.

Richard Åsberg

Yep.  That's what the migration tool does.  Creates fake registry entries for FSX that point to your actual P3D installation.  So, to answer a question a couple posts back, yes, you can install it with the migration tool on a system that only has P3D.  I did and it works perfectly fine.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Did notice one thing and that is my FO doesn't test TCAS in his preflight flow.

Just here or did anyone else notice the same thing?

Richard Åsberg

Guys,

I'm trying really hard to get this working using the manual migration method described at the beginning of this topic. Unfortunately, all I'm getting when I select the FS2Crew main panel is a black rectangle... Any suggestions? Thanks!

fs2crew.jpg

The gauge isn't loading because files are missing.

Run the FS2Crew installer and manually point it to your P3D folder.

Either that or wait for Reboot.

Thanks very much for your response Brian. Doing that fixed the panel issue - it now displays and appears to initialise correctly. However, the system does not appear to be working (the test button does nothing and there is no response to my microphone). Also, when the PF button is pressed, it says "let's start setting up...." but the FO doesn't do anything and there is no jetway activation.

Never mind - I appreciate that it's a 'hack' to some degree. I guess I'll just have to be grown-up and join the queue for the Reboot!

Thanks again for your unending efforts - they are much appreciated :-)

Best wishes,

Luke

Thanks very much for your response Brian. Doing that fixed the panel issue - it now displays and appears to initialise correctly. However, the system does not appear to be working (the test button does nothing and there is no response to my microphone). Also, when the PF button is pressed, it says "let's start setting up...." but the FO doesn't do anything and there is no jetway activation.

Never mind - I appreciate that it's a 'hack' to some degree. I guess I'll just have to be grown-up and join the queue for the Reboot!

Thanks again for your unending efforts - they are much appreciated :-)

If the panel loads and the VOICE button is on, everything is working.

Check the Trouble Shooting section in the manual at: www.support.fs2crew.com

It works for others, so it should work for you, too.