Sign in to follow this  
jesush1234

Poor Performance P3D 2.5

Hi Everyone;

I have finally migrated to P3D now that PMDG has joined in, however I am having extremely poor performance in P3D using the NGX and 777 with addon airports (FSDT, LatinVFR, FlyTampa, FlightBeam) I am also running REX texture direct 4 with soft clouds and ASN.

When I mean poor I mean that when Flying in a 3rd party airport using a 3rd party airplane with REX and ASN I'm getting around 8,10,12 FPS. I have tried playing with the P3D settings, HDR, Volumetric Fog, Shadows etc... with no luck.

My System specs are the following:

Mac Pro (Cylinder)- Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) running natively using BootCamp.
  • 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
  • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 4X4GB
  • 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage
  • Dual AMD FirePro D700-6GB VRAM (Crossfire X is enabled on the ATI FIREPRO CC, I have also tried unchecking it with no performance change)

Prepar3D Settings:

psVMuj.png

8frtP6.png

ndtrhs.png

BkUT80.png

VnKRr4.png

REX 4 Texture Direct with soft clouds settings:

lFuRVz.png

In-Sim Pictures:

vQNvkC.png

ZkkKUn.png

14Gony.png

AesNpk.png

From what I am aware off AMD is not an ideal GPU for flightsim - I would start there

In your rex settings lower all of those clouds to 1024 and use 32bit textures - dxt5 is crap - not good as advertised 

Rich Sennett

My system only just barely meets the minimum requirements for the 737 ngx and when I installed it in p3d 2.5 I needed to change the settings to fine tune it to my system.

This included going into the performance manager for the ngx and selecting low rather than high textures.

I then parked my NGX at the airport which was frame rate intensive, moved all the settings in the scenery screen to the left and then tested the ngx at the fps intensive airport you selected.... YSSY in my case.

With the scenery sliders for texture resolution I moved them right...... testing p3d after moving each one. Great detail to ground scenery but blurry ata short distance when flying at 15000 feet.

So I then moved the first slider to do with distance of resolution to medium and tested the ngx again.

Doing it this way I have managed to get most of the sliders moved right by varying amounts, ground scenery looks great and with active sky next in realistic mode I have a realistic haze at high level which covers the scenery that would have still being blurry medium to long distance.

So the only setting I have at the far left is the tesselation factor which is not important to me.

my traffic for airlines is 35%..... I have no ga aircraft at all as I dont need them and my clouds are detailed at high distance.

I then installed orbix global, orbix vector, utx mesh and after installing each of them tested the ngx.

Removed a number of ticked options with vector as I did not need to see traffic lights on the road.... or powerlines.

Ifind this is the best way to get the best out of the 737ngx or the 777.

Move all sliders left and move each right, test again and then move the next slider.

Roy

Roy Jordan

You do realise your post was moved to the P3D forums and it has replies there?

Right off the bat, a few things, move the level of detail radius to medium , turn off HDR lighting and maybe back off the scenery complexity and the special effects sliders.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I am not understanding. My posts are added but disappear some time later. Ok, I am going to try one more time. 

With moderate settings, the performance of 'PMDG 737NGX + P3Dv25' in my rig is not so good but it is not so bad. At ground on airports I get 18-20 fps and 22-25 fps in the air. I think this is enough to get by. I have REX4 HD as my only add-on.

"i5 3570K OC 4.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX780 3GB, 8GB DDR3-1333 and 500GB HD SATA3 7200RPM."

P3Dv2-PMDG-737NGX-ILS.jpg

I am not understanding. My posts are added but disappear some time later. Ok, I am going to try one more time. 

While I'm guessing your user name is your actual name, please ensure your posts are signed. This is where we look for signatures, so if another mod didn't see it, that's why your post might have disappeared.

Kyle Rodgers

I have finally migrated to P3D now that PMDG has joined in, however I am having extremely poor performance in P3D using the NGX and 777 with addon airports (FSDT, LatinVFR, FlyTampa, FlightBeam) I am also running REX texture direct 4 with soft clouds and ASN.

When I mean poor I mean that when Flying in a 3rd party airport using a 3rd party airplane with REX and ASN I'm getting around 8,10,12 FPS. I have tried playing with the P3D settings, HDR, Volumetric Fog, Shadows etc... with no luck.

Turn on tesselation, turn off mipmaps, set LOD to medium, set frame limiter to unlimited, set special effects distance to medium, try 8 sample MSAA, and turn off HDR. 

"i5 3570K OC 4.2Ghz, Nvidia GTX780 3GB, 8GB DDR3-1333 and 500GB HD SATA3 7200RPM."

What are you cooling your CPU with? I use the H100i and I can get 4.5GHz out of my 3570K no problem. What mobo are you using also? Is your RAM rated at 1333 or can it go faster? 

What are you cooling your CPU with? I use the H100i and I can get 4.5GHz out of my 3570K no problem. What mobo are you using also? Is your RAM rated at 1333 or can it go faster? 

Hi, Lude2Envy. My mobo GA-Z77M-D3H does not accept increments voltages. The most I can get is 4.2 Ghz with the standard voltage. My cooler is a Zalman CNPS10X  Performa and my RAM is rated at 1333. It is a modest rig. The price of hardware in Brazil is to much expensive (U$ 1 = R$ 3).

Hi, Lude2Envy. My mobo GA-Z77M-D3H does not accept increments voltages. The most I can get is 4.2 Ghz with the standard voltage. My cooler is a Zalman CNPS10X  Performa and my RAM is rated at 1333. It is a modest rig. The price of hardware in Brazil is to much expensive (U$ 1 = R$ 3).

It's hard to tell without seeing the bios for myself, but are you sure there isn't a way to get into advanced OC options where you can adjust the multiplier and the voltage? Also, check and see if there's a bios update available for your mobo. I've never seen a bios with overclocking capability that doesn't allow you to tweak the multiplier and voltage. Then again, I only use ASUS boards so my experience is limited. Same thing with the RAM. I would manually put in your RAM frequency and timings if you're able to, and then run Prime95 and Intel burn test to check stability. Every CPU has it's own individual overclocking limits, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get more out of your CPU and RAM. It'll boost your FPS if you can. Sandy, Ivy, and Haswell all overclock very well. 

Hi,

set your target framerate on unlimited. This should improve your framerate, its a known bug in P3D.

My frames jumped from 10-15 to 30-35! 

Julian

I returned to FSX. P3D doesn't match my expectations. I have 4790K, GTX780, 8GB RAM. Been simming for years, so I know to act conservatively when stutters/slideshow appears.

Overclocked, low or high settings, I was always getting stutters and 20-25 FPS. I could never get rid of the jagged edges and blurry cockpit no matter what I tried.

I returned to FSX, set similar or higher settings - always above 30 FPS. No overclock, yet. Crisp cockpit, odd stutter, but mostly very very very fluid experience.

I'll be staying with FSX. P3D gives more, but the tax on the system for it is especially high, particularly at Dusk. Plus it's not a lot more, so I won't miss P3D either way.

Addons in both sims:

ASN, NGX, REX, ORBX - AUS/MEL/BNE. As you can see, I didn't throw much at my sims, but FSX still comes out on top.

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

change the prepar3d.cfg to OPTIMIZE_ PARTS=1. Instead 10fps gain.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

So I tried out a few of the tips here in this thread. I had heard about the OPTIMIZE_PARTS fix, and tried that first. 

With the 777X and FlyTampa Toronto, I had prior to the fixes, between 12-20 FPS. 

I changed two things: added the optimize_parts fix, and gained around 8 FPS, and changed my framrate lock from 30FPS to unlimited. Same airport, same conditions, but the change to unlimited, now it's bouncing between 30-45 depending on what I'm looking at. It's a much smoother experience!

I reccomend trying the two, and see if it helps!