Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

What am I doing wrong - several warning messages after engine start

Hi,

the 737NGX is still one of my favorite addon aircrafts and I've done quite a lot of flights. Today was the first time that I experienced a problem that I was not able to solve. I started the engines and the aircraft was ready to taxi but after routinely pressing the annunciator plate I noticed that there are still three error messages - FUEL, ANTI ICE and AIR COND. Honestly, I still have no idea what triggered these messages. Maybe one of you can help me?

Here is a picture of the messages...

pyrgu5tq.jpg

...and one of the overhead panel:

dm2udtnc.jpg

Aircraft was the 737-700WL (SP1d) and no failures were activated.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

A quick search of the forum will show that this is a common issue people are having. PMDG are looking into it. It's to do with panel states. Try loading the default panel state and rebuilding the other panel states.

Ah.. So. Cold and dark start, and then through the procedures?

Victor Roos

No, start with the standard engines running panel state.

Yep.. The default panel set with the engines on is a good file. Any old file seems to cause

problems. I've been making a few new ones, which I started out with the default to begin with,

and have had no more issues. Also found out about my throttle issue. The setting from over ride

in ARM had been changed to NEVER.. I set that back to overide in ARM, and all is swell.

Also, the EFIS panel settings are saving when using the new panel states.

As of right now, I have no more issues, and everything is perfectly normal as far as I can tell. :)

Once you make one good panel state from the default, any new saved "good" file can also be

modified and saved for another good panel state file.

Just don't use ANY old panel state file. I'm gonna flush all my old ones.

When I re-installed, I placed all my old panel states back into the folder, but made sure not

to overwrite any of the ones from the new install. But other than the new default running panel

state, the various other panel states that came with the new install were the same from SP1c..

They had the same dates as the ones I had.

None of those will work properly. You want to use ONLY that single good default panel state to

make new ones.

Strange.. I was looking through the panel state files and the dates, and it seems like the default

panel state that is working is an old file.  ?? For some reason, I was thinking that there was a new

default file. But it seems there is only the older one.. Now I'm really cornfused..  lol..

I was loading a few of the panel states, and it seems some load, and some don't. So it may not be totally the age of the panel state that is the issue.

Fer instance, I fired up the sim, with it loading a new "good" short panel state as it's startup state,

and then I loaded the old PMDG short panel state.. Fired up the engines.. Fuel recall error..

I fired up my old homemade "short" panel state I had been using. Fired up the engines..

Fuel recall error..

Then I fired up one I made the other day for a video in Phoenix which had the engines running.

It gave no recall errors..

Then I fired up another one that I was using when painting my Coleman jet several months ago,

with the engines running. No recall errors.. Hummm..

So it seems it's not really how old it is whether it works or not. Something else must be causing

an issue.. Some work, some don't.

Strange it is.. But I have no problems as long as it thinks it's a "good" panel state..

Maybe some panel states need a good spanking.  :lol:

I'm not at my computer so cannot try this:

Could someone delete all their panel state files and run a repair and see what happens?

When I say delete, I mean back them up in another location before deleting just in case...

I'm not at my computer so cannot try this:

Could someone delete all their panel state files and run a repair and see what happens?

When I say delete, I mean back them up in another location before deleting just in case...

It'll still happen. When people follow the pinned post, it will delete everything NGX-related.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm starting to think it only effects the engine off states.. IE: both short and long, or cold and dark.

I just did a "long" state, and ended up with the fuel recall..

I don't think it's effected any of my engine running states. Only engine off. And I don't think it

matters whether cold, long, or short..

Deleting the files wouldn't effect I don't think, as it's only going to read the startup state when

firing up, or any one requested if you choose one after starting.

BTW, the long state I used was the PMDG long panel state.

I guess the next step would be the PMDG cold and dark, and then try new

Cold, long and short states built from running states.. That's what cured my

short panel state.. I'm kind of assuming it would cure the cold and long states too..

I think it cured the non running states the others have made.

I guess the issue to you guys at PMDG is what caused it to do that with the engine

off states.. But I guess no biggie being it seems to be fixable on our ends.