Sign in to follow this  
Harley7354

Norton Security apparently hates the PMDG "Operations Center".

Dumped norton years ago - get avast free and awesome - over & out

Rich Sennett

I forgot to mention Joe, you should probably remove your email address from your original post. Not a good idea to put that out publicly.

Good advice there. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

To be honest, the best AV is in your head. From there, you can find a bare bones AV program that's light on processing because you're taking care of the rest (not clicking on suspicious links, not downloading files from unknown sites, not falling for thinly veiled malware "ads," and so on).

I use MSSE, actually. Oddly enough, it gets a decent amount of praise in the Info Sec community for being less bloated while still being effective (and free). There are many options out there, and it's all about personal preference. Norton tends to be the most heavy handed and restrictive, which is great for those who don't want to mess with things and want to just use Office and browse the web. This is not so much the case with other programs that are more open to user settings, throttling and so on.

I used to recommend Norton. Then again, I used to recommend AdAware until it turned into the bloated beast that it is now, too.

(Not that this should make my info more or less relevant: Security+ COMP001020184935. Here only to say I've been trained in that field and my day job is all about it.)

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle is quite correct. I have NEVER had a virus on any of my systems. I run NOD32 as it is free from my company but would just as well run with no AV at all. A normal end user however...

I've been using Norton Internet Security for ages, never had any issues with FSX or OC for that matter. But I guess the millage will vary :)

23.png