Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Patience of the year award goes to......

I've been reading these forums quite a bit and recently one individual stands out, Kyle AKA scandanavian13

If there's a patience of the year, well, I'd be the first to award it to him.

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I fully agree, Jude, and your support is highly appreciated, Kyle.

Still, Kyle seems to have drawn the short straw: Hadn't there been more beta testers active in the forum after former PMDG releases?

I would agree completely.  I've been reading some of the support questions and I sure hope RR sees what he goes through.

He has done an exceptional job and extremely courteous.

I couldn't do it Kyle; and I'm a support engineer in my day job and still get frustrated.

Kudos Kyle.

Sean Green

Remember the beta testers aren't mods. There's actually surprisingly few PMDG mods, you can see who they are at the bottom of the forum.

Yes fully agree. Thanks Kyle for all your work and the support you give to the flight sim community.

I've been reading these forums quite a bit and recently one individual stands out, Kyle AKA scandanavian13
If there's a patience of the year, well, I'd be the first to award it to him.

haha - thanks.

Still, Kyle seems to have drawn the short straw: Hadn't there been more beta testers active in the forum after former PMDG releases?

Yeah, I think we had a little more support from the rest of the beta team with past releases, but that's because those teams had a little more direct involvement with the project. This time, we took people from the past NGX program and some from the 777 program, so the larger group of people testing a product we've already released probably took some of that personal aspect out. I've been missing some of that help, but luckily, since the plane has been released before, more of the questions are the simple ones (where's the update?!?) and less the more involved misunderstandings of flying the aircraft (why won't the autopilot alarm not turn off?!?).

Still, not necessarily the short straw. Paul has been handling some pretty involved support tickets in our system with RSR. I've been helping out with those, but I've mostly been trying to keep things calm here and on Facebook.

I would agree completely.  I've been reading some of the support questions and I sure hope RR sees what he goes through.

He has done an exceptional job and extremely courteous.

I couldn't do it Kyle; and I'm a support engineer in my day job and still get frustrated.

Thanks Sean. There are times when I'm busting at the seams with "whyyyyy don't people read the sticky???" but there comes a point where you just find an old post, copy it, and paste it in and move on to another issue - haha.

Remember the beta testers aren't mods. There's actually surprisingly few PMDG mods, you can see who they are at the bottom of the forum.

I think he was referencing how the beta team is usually a little more visibly available in the forum after a release.

Yes fully agree. Thanks Kyle for all your work and the support you give to the flight sim community.

Thanks Tony!

Kyle Rodgers

Me too fully agree!!!

If I were a real pilot I'd like to have Kyle as Chief-Pilot and Training Captain...

What a pity We're living on the opposite side of Aflantic..otherwise I'd like to invite him with my in one of my next session in that fixed base B738 trainer where I've used to go (in Milan) ...

Ciao

Andrea Buono

Ah Roger that Kyle, that was my misunderstanding there! Apologies.

Well worth a price :) Thanks for all your contributions Kyle, you help alot of us!

Cheers,

23.png

Me too fully agree!!!

If I were a real pilot I'd like to have Kyle as Chief-Pilot and Training Captain...

What a pity We're living on the opposite side of Aflantic..otherwise I'd like to invite him with my in one of my next session in that fixed base B738 trainer where I've used to go (in Milan) ...

Ciao

Andrea Buono

Thanks Andrea! I'm in the EU usually about once a year around January. Perhaps I should stay a little longer next year...

Ah Roger that Kyle, that was my misunderstanding there! Apologies.

No worries. I can see how you interpreted it.

Well worth a price :) Thanks for all your contributions Kyle, you help alot of us!

Thanks Morten.

All,

Thanks to everyone in here (and perhaps those who haven't posted here) who has jumped in to answer one of those common questions. I always like getting into a new thread in busy times like this, and seeing that someone else has already answered it and/or linked to an earlier thread with an answer. So, thanks to that lot as well!

Kyle Rodgers

Wasn't there an almost identical thread about a week ago ?

With all due respect, isn't Kyle a paid up member of PMDG now?  (and thus, perhaps patient and professional help is something that paying PMDG users should in fact be able to expect?)

I'd like to pass my respect and admiration to Jim Young, for offering constant, responsive, professional help, to users in the CTD forum sections.   When you're getting CTDs, life gets pretty miserable, and Jim jumps on those CTD issues and provides genuine expertise.  Take a look at his success rate in that forum.....   almost everyone goes away with at least ideas on why the issue is happening, and what to do about it.

...and I'm pretty sure Jim ain't salaried.

Am I being facetious? ... maybe a bit, but personally I find these threads a little grovelly, worshipful and repetitive where Kyle is concerned.    His style is divisive; for as many of you guys that love to coo as he wipes the floor with a user who asked the wrong question, there are others who will no longer even frequent the PMDG forums because they cannot reconcile with his manner.

Sorry, I know I'll be as popular as a veggie at a summer BBQ here, but sometimes it's important that other perspectives are heard.

Thanks Andrea! I'm in the EU usually about once a year around January. Perhaps I should stay a little longer next year...

Yes...a very good idea...

or maybe a good excuse for me to visit the beautiful Norway (if I well-remember you have relatives there)

Best

Andrea

Kyle is the world's greatest aeronautical nanny.  He has fielded most of my moronic questions with expertise, patience, and an occasional dash of humor.

To survive in his present job he must be taking a lot of downers.

We should all be thankful that he puts up with us...............

Thanks Kyle.

Haha. He certainly deserves a prize.

I'll even sponsor some Aspirin to make up for the headaches I caused you in the past, Kyle. If you are in Germany again, I'll deliver it personally. Come to Hamburg. You don't want to miss this pearl of a city.

Am I being facetious? ... maybe a bit, but personally I find these threads a little grovelly, worshipful and repetitive where Kyle is concerned.

So devote another thread to Jim Young. There is enough room to cheer for him without hijacking this. Other perspectives non-withstanding. Speaking of perspectives I also know people that no longer frequent these fora because of said users asking the same questions over and over again. So yeah, it's all about perspective.

Edit:

My take is that Kyle gets a lot of negative energy, because he actually takes the time to enforce etiquette and forum rules. Being active in many threads. Ryan has been more relaxed because of lack of time. Being officially sanctioned to mod by PMDGs CEO, the company certainly is backing his "divisive" demeanour.