Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Patience of the year award goes to......

Thanks to everyone

I love you man...."Not in a Night Vision Googles way though"

I'd like to pass my respect and admiration to Jim Young,

A1

Sorry, I know I'll be as popular as a veggie at a summer BBQ here,

Yes...........I still love you man:)

Wasn't there an almost identical thread about a week ago ?

With all due respect, isn't Kyle a paid up member of PMDG now? (and thus, perhaps patient and professional help is something that paying PMDG users should in fact be able to expect?)

I'd like to pass my respect and admiration to Jim Young, for offering constant, responsive, professional help, to users in the CTD forum sections. When you're getting CTDs, life gets pretty miserable, and Jim jumps on those CTD issues and provides genuine expertise. Take a look at his success rate in that forum..... almost everyone goes away with at least ideas on why the issue is happening, and what to do about it.

...and I'm pretty sure Jim ain't salaried.

Am I being facetious? ... maybe a bit, but personally I find these threads a little grovelly, worshipful and repetitive where Kyle is concerned. His style is divisive; for as many of you guys that love to coo as he wipes the floor with a user who asked the wrong question, there are others who will no longer even frequent the PMDG forums because they cannot reconcile with his manner.

Sorry, I know I'll be as popular as a veggie at a summer BBQ here, but sometimes it's important that other perspectives are heard.

You know you could've just ignored the thread and moved on instead of acting the way you did. It's quite rude the way you posted actually. Coming into a thread that thanks Kyle for his work then saying

"oh he doesn't deserve that he's paid to do it xxx does such a better job over at another forum because he's not paid."

Yes it does come across as facetious and it also made you look like the worlds biggest ........

Wasn't there an almost identical thread about a week ago ?

With all due respect, isn't Kyle a paid up member of PMDG now?  (and thus, perhaps patient and professional help is something that paying PMDG users should in fact be able to expect?)

I'd like to pass my respect and admiration to Jim Young, for offering constant, responsive, professional help, to users in the CTD forum sections.   When you're getting CTDs, life gets pretty miserable, and Jim jumps on those CTD issues and provides genuine expertise.  Take a look at his success rate in that forum.....   almost everyone goes away with at least ideas on why the issue is happening, and what to do about it.

...and I'm pretty sure Jim ain't salaried.

Am I being facetious? ... maybe a bit, but personally I find these threads a little grovelly, worshipful and repetitive where Kyle is concerned.    His style is divisive; for as many of you guys that love to coo as he wipes the floor with a user who asked the wrong question, there are others who will no longer even frequent the PMDG forums because they cannot reconcile with his manner.

Sorry, I know I'll be as popular as a veggie at a summer BBQ here, but sometimes it's important that other perspectives are heard.

Well Craig,I do take your point and Jim indeed does a fine job in answering those CDT queries. 

I'm not the grovelling kind and say it as I see it.

I work in support myself and it's not the easiest job in the word, even it it is a job.

As I said, leading up to the SP1d and P3D forums, it was getting quite hectic,(understandibly) and I just wanted to acknowledge Kyle's patience leading to the release-date. 

If you felt this was grovelling rather than recognition, well sorry it came across in this manner. I had not read any previous thread with this subject before I posted. 

Have a good day and happy flying. 

Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

All,

Craig's points reflect his own opinion, and, given my rather blunt demeanor, I can't say that I blame him entirely. I wouldn't go so far as to say I wipe the floor with people, but I'm certainly not overly welcoming in some cases I could be. He's entitled to his viewpoint, and, despite it not being in line with some of the more positive feedback from the others, it's valid in its own way. To me, negative feedback is equally valuable. It points out the areas in which I might need to improve. I think many here would agree that, even before I got brought in with PMDG, I lightened up a decent amount. Of course, the positive feedback is also valuable, especially when you're kinda tired of answering the same group of questions.

I do appreciate those who stepped in to defend me a bit, and I don't want to demean your efforts, but Craig's points did have a certain validity to them, and when it comes to my own actions, only I should be answering to them.

Kyle Rodgers

Yepp. Also wanna add a 1+.

For pmdg support and the forum handlers (Kyle&Robert!) who have to deal with us running chickens ;)

Victor Roos

I think Kyle is a breath of fresh air in this forum, and with the work load they have as a team he is more than helpful. You would also make a good ALPA representative Kyle lol.

Keep up the good work guys.

And its not that the other members of the Beta team are not involved with the forums its just that Kyle does an excellent job.  We provides a good and receptive outlook on our flight sim community. 

Its true though, no members of the Beta team are moderators on this forum.  We don't always spend a lot of time going through the forum looking for questions to answer.  Some of us have different interface tools outside of the forum to interact with the community as well.  I will go out on a limb and say if there is ever something that I as a tester can do for you please leave me a message here on the forums and I might get to it some day (assuming I am not testing that is... :mellow:).

And its not that the other members of the Beta team are not involved with the forums its just that Kyle does an excellent job.

Thanks Aaron.

The Local Angry Norwegian always at your service.

(Also: stoked flying season for the 3 is coming up.)

Kyle Rodgers