Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Reflections Missing?

P3D2.5.12942.0 out of the box. W764 and 347.09 driver with NV770 w4GB. Reflections have been there since day one.

Now a restart of the sim yields no reflections. No changes to sim or configurations.

Head scratcher so if anyone else experiences this or has clue as to the cause/cure please respond. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Many thanks JP! Scenario Startup has value. Hoping LM fixes this for the future.

Local solution for me turned out to be renaming UISettings.xml to uUISettings.xml and restarting P3D.

Not sure it had lost a value but it built a new UISettings.xml and reflections returned.? :unsure:

Hoping this helps others who may encounter such anomalies... B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Haha, it's a weird one for sure!

Haven't tried letting P3D rebuild UISettings.xml, do you say that you have reflections after doing that, even when using Scenario Setup? If so, that's a really nice interim solution.

The issue is solved already in LM's internal builds as mentioned in the thread I linked above.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Yes, Scenario Setup is a valued feature for me. Sim rebuilt a new UISettings.xml and reflections returned using Scenario Setup. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear LM is on it. :He He:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yes, Scenario Setup is a valued feature for me. Sim rebuilt a new UISettings.xml and reflections returned using Scenario Setup. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear LM is on it. :He He:

Well tested here lol and that doesn't work Ron ;-)

André

I can't get it to work either, would have been nice if it did! :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Sorry guys, unable to say why it worked for me but glad it does for now. Perhaps the LM fix will be the proper solution as this can really be a pain to restore.. :blink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry guys, unable to say why it worked for me but glad it does for now. Perhaps the LM fix will be the proper solution as this can really be a pain to restore.. :blink:

No problem Ron really appreciated the sharing and was worth trying anyway the workaround bypass the scenario screen works ;-)

André

Glad it helps for those it helps. Just had a response to this at the LM forum from Lionheart. Going back to un ticking startup scenario was his temp solution. :rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png