Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Bug list DA42

Source: This thread

Feel free to add your points with a short list and also report any current issues via the Alabeo ticket system. They might not change much if it doesn't get reported. :wink:

While we are at it, just a list, not sorted by any priorities:

• no yaw damper (cleared item, the KAP equipped planes didn't have that)
  • a flight director shouldn't be available (on KAP140 eq. planes), but it is (can be disabled in the aircraft.cfg)
  • rudder trim knob and indicator are reversed
  • G1000 transponder setting always is on, no GND or other modes available
  • G1000 PFD popup uses the wrong 'suction' source (same as stdby instruments) whereas the VC G1000 PFD is correctly unaffected by any 'suction' loss.
  • G1000/KAP140 no altitude alert sound
  • de-ice system, panel labelled with 'no smoking', aircraft.cfg setting states NO anti-ice system at all on that plane, panel pumps (which should pump de-ice fluid) are bound to fuel pump commands, no anti-ice modes (mainly pumping actions) available, system is always off
  • autopilot, popup gauge has 'FD' button, VC does not. As previously explained, there's no FD on the real KAP140 eq. plane, so the VC is correct.
  • wrong fuel type as per aircraft.cfg, the plane runs the Thielert Centurion engines which consume Diesel or JetA, not Avgas as the cfg says.

Only P3D related:

Note: This post cannot be updated all the time. Later posts therefore give the more current picture regarding the plane's bug status.

I believe the "Ground Friction Bug" in P3D2, may actually not be friction related, but instead, somehow weight related.    Decreasing the [empty weight] of the aircraft to a great enough extend can provide the same performance as the aircraft is supposed to have.  Perhaps P3£2.5 is handling weights slightly differently? .... not sure, but "out of the box" the aircraft can just hardly drag itself into moving, in P3D2.5 (at least for me, and I really did do a lot - 4 hours - of testing).

Ha, I've edited the text, Craig. Thanks for the hu.

Still hoping the other users can help a bit when it comes to P3D related testing. Strange bug nonetheless.

Oops. will correct that. Thanks for the info.

But their tooltip texts are still wrong, those speak of 'soking' and things.

sePnszX.jpg

I guess their minds got primed by the no smoking label.

• Forgot to add the G1000 gyro drift issue you've reported (can only be worked around with pressing D in regular intervals)

When tuning the nav1 radio, the active frequency changes instead of the nav1 standby frequency. Nav2 tuning works fine.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

It's almost as if these guys have no beta testers.

Alabeo Dev says to the Carenado Dev.... shouldn't we test this thing ?

Carenado Dev....  don't be silly, those guys over at Avsim will soon sort it out for us, works every time   :smile:  

• Upvote 1

Can confirm the Nav1 tuning issue. Same problem with Com1 btw.

Some more items (I have to 'ticket' those)

• the AP panel in the VC didn't receive a backlight and stays dark all the time
  • the ECU test system is inop, it would replace the usual runup tests known from non FADEC planes with an automated sequence when the button is pushed (you have to hold it)
  • the fuel transfer pumps don't do anything. They should provide fuel transfer from the AUX to the main tanks
  • the engine's fuel supply should happen via the main tanks only. One can only transfer fuel from the AUX to the mains, not consume. In the sim, the plane first consumes the AUX tank fuel and then goes for the main tanks. This circumvents that fuel transfer pump bug, but is wrong.
  • the test button for the fire detection is labelled 'Gear/Fire test' whereas the real plane only calls it 'Test' since only the fire detection system runs a test, nothing related to the gear but overheat detectors near the engines.

Not a bug but a system limitation: We are a little too good at altitude when it comes to the power percentage. I think this is a result from the % value being read from the throttle position whereas the real plane computes how much power you have available, leading to a loss of the max achievable percentage above the critical altitude.

At worst, we are slightly faster than stated in the docs. If this bugs you (sorry for the pun), change the critical altitude in the aircraft.cfg to 10000 or so.

Yes it would be lovely to have the ECU / FADEC run up tests, but considering neither Eaglesoft nor IRIS managed to implement it, I'm not confident Alabeo will!

In theory, it should (says he) be a relatively straightforward XML gauge that, perhaps uses FSX's default autothrottle / Toga system momentarily.

Would be awesome to have it. Well, if they would add any reaction to holding that button (maybe some G1000 messages, the real one does that), I would already be happy and have the feeling of 'I ran the runup checks'.

I've added the fire test button to the above post and will report my items later via their ticket system. Same as on the ECU, some reaction would be nice.

If you turn on instrument lighting the buttons on the VC AP Panel unit won't operate but work in pop-up AP panel. 

Good point, Jeff. I can confirm the issue. Lets write a ticket.

Seems like the CWS button on the left control stick is missing......

CWS REAL.jpg

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Shame. Would be nice to use some CWS function. Wonder if that works with gauges so close to default. Well, one can dream, eh? Good catch again!