Sign in to follow this  
Capt Speirs

AI Aircraft Dimensions

There has to be some way to see the Aircraft dimensions so that one can easily place Shockwave lighting in the aircraft.cfg. So far I have about 20% of the AI Aircraft done for Landing and Taxi lights, it's just taking forever with no real reference. I have found some on A2A forum but they don't work for UT2 Aircraft, the dimensions are too far off. I guess I could work off of bleedair.de's Navi Lights config and work backwards.  :unsure:

I also can not find actual real aircraft lighting placement dimensions.  :mad:

Try here under the Smoke and Lights tab     http://www.alpha-india.net/

Yeah, I saw these and as far as I can tell they are for FSXAIBureau, Alpha India Group, The Fruit Stand and AI Aardvark Aircraft. these have helped to get closer to the UT2 aircraft as a starting point. thanks for your response.

UT2 uses all of those.  The smaller Boeing's are all AIA models, the wide body Airbus and Boeing's are TFS and the narrow body Airbus are DJC. The UT2 Dash8's are all TFS. The UT2 Fokker 70/100, MD80-90 and Embraer 170-190 are AIA.

That covers most of the ones from UT2 that you don't want to toss out.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

There used to be a program called Aircraft Container Manager which works for all FS9 planes and all FSX planes that do not use the FSX type models.

I wish someone could update it for FSX models.

Bob.

UT2 uses all of those.  The smaller Boeing's are all AIA models, the wide body Airbus and Boeing's are TFS and the narrow body Airbus are DJC. The UT2 Dash8's are all TFS. The UT2 Fokker 70/100, MD80-90 and Embraer 170-190 are AIA.

That covers most of the ones from UT2 that you don't want to toss out.

Wow that is a great tip, thanks. This will make it so much easier.