Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy RFR

FYI - Aeroplane Heaven Globe Swift - Released

Didn't see anyone having posted this, so...

As noted in the title, the Globe Swift from Aeroplane Heaven is released.  It's quite a nifty little plane; it's been my go to choice for the past few nights of flying. Very reasonably priced, neat features, looks great, handles well, dual installers. http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_swift.php

I'm rather partial to low and slow, and this is really checking all the boxes for me.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

This really is a beautiful aircraft. I can see this Swift fitting in nicely with any of the ORBX Regions. I'm anxious to hear of any user reviews or videos.

*EDIT*

I just found out they have a limited demo! I will give that a try.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I just found out they have a limited demo! I will give that a try.

Just bear in mind that the demo uses the default C172 sound (aliased) which kills the realism a bit, and the sounds with the paid addon are much better.   It's an interesting aircraft;  we're used to aircraft that may be hard to land, but I find this bird harder to take off in! .... Maybe my speeds are wrong, but it's a wing wobbling affair ha ha ... feels convincing though/   Nice VC, great performance, great price.

What I love is that they didn't do a Carenado and just unimaginatively stick a KFC225 autopilot in.   It has a nice vintage AP, that feels convincing, but also a button that removed it from the model, instantly, should you want your bird to be 100% hands on. :smile:

As a GA lover this is on my buy list.... Maybe next month as I've blown through my budget for this month already

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had took a spin in the demo today and it is a great little aircraft. I love the simplicity of it. It looks very classy, something I wouldn't mind showing up to a real world fly-in with. I agree with Ryan, definitely on the buy list. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Looks like a nice buy at $20.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Seems to have a few little problems.

Does AH have a forum somewhere?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Seems to have a few little problems.

Does AH have a forum somewhere?

Thanks,

gb.

Not that I'm aware of.  However, from what I understand, they are happy to receive emails through the contact section of their website.

In addition, they also mentioned that have an update in the works to address some of the minor bugs that have been identified  For what it's worth, none of the bugs that have been present have interfered with my enjoyment of the plane.

It's an interesting aircraft; we're used to aircraft that may be hard to land, but I find this bird harder to take off in!

I made mine a bit harder to land in by coding in some flap failures.   You have to manage your speed carefully on descent; according to the placard on the dash, you can't drop your flaps until 90mph.  I found I was cheating and dropping them earlier, so now I can't. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

...It's an interesting aircraft; we're used to aircraft that may be hard to land, but I find this bird harder to take off in! .... Maybe my speeds are wrong, but it's a wing wobbling affair ha ha ... feels convincing though...

I see they state that it is a GC-1A, which was the first model produced in '46. It came with a Continental C85 which developed 85 horsepower. Later that year came the GC-1B which had the 125 horse C125.

The C85 in the GC-1A didn't make enough power for the aircraft to actually fly right off the runway. You had to keep in ground effect until enough speed built up to actually fly!

So sounds like they modeled this version rather well!

jack

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

The C85 in the GC-1A didn't make enough power for the aircraft to actually fly right off the runway. You had to keep in ground effect until enough speed built up to actually fly!

So sounds like they modeled this version rather well!

Thanks for that info.

Down-right scary how long it takes to lift off. :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.