Sign in to follow this  
Sharpedge

737NGX P3D slow download

Are there any issues with the PMDG server? Are they being overloaded with people downloading the latest update/release?  I have been trying to download the NGX for P3D for about 3 hrs and have another 4 to go.   Download speed is between 24 and 30 kbps on a files size of 739mb.  I don't think it is on my connection as I have a 20mb internet connection.  No other activity on the line to absorb the available bandwidth. 

Justin Paull

Justin Paull

Had exactly the same problem last night, but I downloaded it with full speed just an hour ago, not sure where the problem was. Maybe just try it again later. :)

Thanks for the info Eric, I have tried twice today each time sacking the download after about 3 hrs.  Will try again in a few days, just picked up the Q400, I'll fly that till i can kick the tyres on the NGX.

Justin Paull

My DL was superfast around 1600z, just a couple of minutes.

23.png

PMDG hosts through Amazon servers. If you're having slow speeds it's most likely either your internet connection, or your connection to the local AWS server is being flooded of having issues.

Are there any issues with the PMDG server?

Amazon web services server.

Are they being overloaded with people downloading the latest update/release?

Probably. If there are a bunch of people trying to access the closest AWS sever for our products, that could've been the issue.

Kyle Rodgers