Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

The 777 and the FlyTampa CYYZ - is it possible?

A simple questions - have anyone here been able to complete a flight to FT CYYZ? I tried this evening with the lite texture pack, and I'm not able to land. I made save about 10 miles from the airport, and when loading it, I will run out of memory in about 2 minutes. It will start with 700 mb of free memory which goes fast towards zero. I know this a quite heavy scenery when it comes to memory, but I'm just curious if it's possible at all.

I have Orbx global + vector and ASN. AI-traffic set to 30 %. (Prepar3D 2.5 btw)

Can't wait for the 64-bit version...

Marius S

Try turning off some of the vector options like bridges, tunnels, underlays etc on non-major roads. Try with no AI.

Have you tried the FlyTampa-Toronto LiteTex Pack?

Dugald Walker

As Dugald has suggested, FlyTampa have issued a number of downloads to reduce the load the airport puts on the system. Chris's suggestion with Vector will save you resources as well. You might wish to check out their forum. Excellent support there. I should point out that CYYZ from FlyTampa, after making certain adjustments, leaves me with just about the same amount of VAS as the default airport in the PMDG 777 (yes I am a sucker for punishment). FlyTampa took a beating on this airport, but IMHO, it is the highest quality airport I have ever used. 

Just in addition, you can set your scenery complexity to normal or sparse; ;and it looks as good as anything else out there. Also, you can reduce your LOD radius to 2.5 without much loss of fidelity. Also, try unchecking anything in the configurator that is moderate or small. I keep the edge light fixtures, which are moderate, but that's just preference. What blows me away, is the airport, with reduced sliders has no shimmering or flickering textures. Amazing! If it seems I'm a fan of this scenery...I am. And proud of it. It's not getting a lot of love out there at the moment. But there's a lot of future proof in it.

Did the following: Disabled the LC, reduce LOD radius to 3.0, and deselected most of the stuff in the configurator. So far it seems to work better. 

Marius S

One thing I do on most bigger and more detailed airports is to restart FSX after a while. If I'm going from EGLL to OMDB/CYUL/CYYZ/KJFK I know I already have a high VAS load due to EGLL+777. In the air that makes no problem but if approach the area of the airport I will get problems.

So if you have FSUIPC as payware version you can simply tick the option to use AutoSave. That will save everything and with the PMDG it works very well. I mostly restart FSX when over not detailed scenery or short before T/D. That can give you some more VAS space as the previous airport is out.

Hope that additional helps :)

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Try it with your normal setup but disable vector. The idea is you need to pick what addon to disable to avoid hitting your head on the glass ceiling.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Have a look at the link in my sig.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Someone in another thread said that RAAS consumes 300MB of VAS with the 777.  I was skeptical so I disabled it in the dll.xml and sure enough...guess who doesn't use RAAS anymore.

Ryan

You don't need the full version of FSUIPC. In fact, you don't need it at all. Simply save your flight and PMDG automatically detects that you've done so and will serialize your panel state, FMC, etc. Just exit the sim and reload your save file. Do it during cruise when it ain't no thang and you will have shed all of your "departure VAS." Works wonders. VAS issue solved.

Someone in another thread said that RAAS consumes 300MB of VAS with the 777. I was skeptical so I disabled it in the dll.xml and sure enough...guess who doesn't use RAAS anymore.

It's all in the link below

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I can't even get the damn thing to run at more than 13FPS. Written it off. Aerosoft's Heathrow is butter smooth at nearly 25FPS. Don't understand what's going on with this piece of scenery.

Aamir Thacker

FlyTampa CYYZ has a lot of options that can be turned off via CYYZ option manager (3D people, deice trucks, animated runway winds (!)) -> don't need it, turn it off.

Hm, never flue there in a 777, gotta try it... perhaps LOWW or ESSA (my new airports) to CYYZ overnight.