Sign in to follow this  
PlainandSimplePaints

P-8 Tacpack?

You know the question had to be asked.

Not sure what you mean by this. What would the TACPAC do for the P-8?

Also, full names in your posts please.

Kyle Rodgers

What do you mean full name? 

My name is at the bottom of my post: "Kyle Rodgers."

You need to do the same, but with your own full name.

Full radar and sensors weapons etc

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

My name is at the bottom of my post: "Kyle Rodgers."

You need to do the same, but with your own full name.

Nope.

Then why did you guys even bother doing the exterior of a P-8? do a BBJ or something or just give us the split scimitars and add the extra functionality in SP2 if your going to do something military you have to do it right. 

Then why did you guys even bother doing the exterior of a P-8? do a BBJ or something or just give us the split scimitars and add the extra functionality in SP2 if your going to do something military you have to do it right. 

Because it was a pre-existing model. They made the model for Boeing, and had it sitting around, so they very kindly released for us, as a little bonus. Nowhere in any documentation, forum post, or press release can I find any mention of PMDG owing/promising you, the consumer, a fully simulated P-8.

Stop being so entitled. Be glad they released it at all, and get on with it.

Aamir Thacker

Weston,

I am guessing that probably haven't seen the comments that appear with the P-8 in the sim, and probably haven't read any of my comments here in the forum regarding the P-8.

We didn't actually make the P-8 for our retail customers during this update cycle.  The P-8 model was created by us back in 3Q12 for an altogether different application for which our work was invited by Boeing. 

Since we had the mdl laying around doing nothing, we figured you guys might enjoy having access to it because it is something new and different.  It cost us nothing to add the item to the base package as a nice gift for all of you, and we felt it would be enjoyed because it is yet another variant of the 737NG series airplane.

I probably shouldn't need to say this, but I will:  The performance data, operational data, data related to most of the military systems, the application, integration and operation of the sensor suites carried onboard are mostly classified and those that aren't classified are very sensitive in nature and information related to them is tightly controlled.  Any documentation related to those pieces of information are only available to people who need them and to companies that have classified information handling procedures in compliance with US Federal laws.

PMDG is not one of those companies, nor do we wish to be, and no we haven't been exposed to any of it.

Again, I point out that this model was created originally for Boeing at their request a couple of years ago- so it was not consuming development resources during this update cycle.

Why did we choose not to do a complete P-8 simulation or a BBJ or the SSW mod?  For all of the reasons above.  This update cycle was about P3D only originally, but then became about FSX-SE when it debuted.  This cycle had nothing to do with adding new aircraft to the simulation and we have stated that all along.

We will likely do the BBJ and the SSM wing at some point in the future- but we need to purchase the data for them first- and we have to have the developer time budget allocation available.

I'm sorry our effort to do something nice for everyone else in the community has upset you- but I reject your notion that we "have to" do anything just because you demand it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Weston,

I am guessing that probably haven't seen the comments that appear with the P-8 in the sim, and probably haven't read any of my comments here in the forum regarding the P-8.

We didn't actually make the P-8 for our retail customers during this update cycle.  The P-8 model was created by us back in 3Q12 for an altogether different application for which our work was invited by Boeing. 

Since we had the mdl laying around doing nothing, we figured you guys might enjoy having access to it because it is something new and different.  It cost us nothing to add the item to the base package as a nice gift for all of you, and we felt it would be enjoyed because it is yet another variant of the 737NG series airplane.

I probably shouldn't need to say this, but I will:  The performance data, operational data, data related to most of the military systems, the application, integration and operation of the sensor suites carried onboard are mostly classified and those that aren't classified are very sensitive in nature and information related to them is tightly controlled.  Any documentation related to those pieces of information are only available to people who need them and to companies that have classified information handling procedures in compliance with US Federal laws.

PMDG is not one of those companies, nor do we wish to be, and no we haven't been exposed to any of it.

Again, I point out that this model was created originally for Boeing at their request a couple of years ago- so it was not consuming development resources during this update cycle.

Why did we choose not to do a complete P-8 simulation or a BBJ or the SSW mod?  For all of the reasons above.  This update cycle was about P3D only originally, but then became about FSX-SE when it debuted.  This cycle had nothing to do with adding new aircraft to the simulation and we have stated that all along.

We will likely do the BBJ and the SSM wing at some point in the future- but we need to purchase the data for them first- and we have to have the developer time budget allocation available.

I'm sorry our effort to do something nice for everyone else in the community has upset you- but I reject your notion that we "have to" do anything just because you demand it.

I'am not upset I was wondering if people on the VRS forums can mod it to have basic functions. Sorry if sounded upset.

I'am not upset I was wondering if people on the VRS forums can mod it to have basic functions. Sorry if sounded upset.

I highly doubt the NGX would be even remotely compatible with Tacpac. Not to mention, it's literally just an external model + paints, there are no extra avionics etc simulated. Even if VRS could do something, they would be limited without the permission of PMDG.

I highly doubt the NGX would be even remotely compatible with Tacpac. Not to mention, it's literally just an external model + paints, there are no extra avionics etc simulated. Even if VRS could do something, they would be limited without the permission of PMDG.

I mean people could edit of the panels so we could get sensors etc in the form of a 2-d panel using the tacpack sdk.

I mean people could edit of the panels so we could get sensors etc in the form of a 2-d panel using the tacpack sdk.

Nope. EULA violation.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope. EULA violation.

Absolutely. Plus, VRS does not do anything to alter other people's aircraft. It is up to the aircraft author to either make the aircraft TacPack compatible or to give permission to a 3rd party to do so (which almost never happens).

I'm pretty sure that a Tacpac add on for the P-8 wouldn't change much for the 2 crew members in the front seats. The 7 crew members in the back get to handle all that other fun stuff!

Mark Bennett

Yeah, that would be fun but pretty hard to do for this plane...no fire control on the flight deck as far as I know. They would have to make a generic station(2d panel) for it, idk. There is another weapon add-on besides tacpack that might work. It would take a bit of doing but you could add cruise missiles/bombs/simulated sonar buoys etc. I'm sure. I want to try it.... just haven't got that far yet.