Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Reversed Flight Plan

Hi,

Has anyone successfully entered a flight plan directly into the G1000? Everytime I do, the whole flight plan is reversed.

For example, (and this is just a plan with random WPT's). Plane is at KSNA. Entered in the plan - KSNA - JOGIT - RAL - KCNO. When entering the plan, KSNA is at the bottom, then JOGIT, then RAL, then KCNO at the top. The pink arrow to the next WP shows JOGIT to KSNA.

In the Aux page Legs section, it shows KCNO to KSNA. Backwards. I've entered a lot of flight plans directly into the G1000 of other planes and have never run into this.

Is there something special in this plane's G1000 that I am just overlooking?

Thanks.

Jim

Hi, Jim. It works here in the correct order. But I cannot get RAL in there, VORs in general seem difficult. :blush:

As for entering, I always jump down to the ------ line to enter the next waypoint.

jIuYWoF.jpg

Hi Cool,

Thanks for that hint on entering WP's.  That works ok but I am having a problem on how to complete the flight plan.  After I enter the last WP ( in this case the destination airport - KCNO), how do I complete it?  Don't get the magenta line to the first WP (JOGIT) on the map nor the L shaped magenta arrow pointing to JOGIT in the plan.   Keep getting the flashing cursor.

Strange that you can't enter RAL.  I don't have any problem with that.

Jim

I can confirm that, in order to get the magenta line on the map display, one has to perform a direct-to to the first waypoint. This deletes the rest of the plan, so I think the not so real-world procedure then is to enter the first wp, perform that direct-to and amend the plan with the rest of route.

Seriously, I think loading the plan with the FSX flight planner is much less annoying than the clickspot search on the MFD. I'd only use the MFD to alter the plan enroute, which works ok.

Strange that you can't enter RAL

Yeah, don't understand it. Must be an user error but I perform the same steps as with entering airports, so maybe there's a trick I don't get or know.

But I admitted in another thread that I always aid the (somehow) default G1000 gauges with a RXP GPS in the background. Every plan of mine is entered there and even edits are performed. So the Alabeo G1000 mainly is my display unit, not so much the planning tool like the rw unit would be.

Hey,

Thanks for replying. I'm not going to spend a lot of time messing with this G1000. I usually use the GTN 750 which is much easier. Mainly I was just wondering what I may have been doing wrong to have so many problems.

Other than the aggravating G1000 I pretty much like the plane.

Take care.

Jim