Sign in to follow this  
Storm

OOM Error after SP1D

Hello, this is my first support post regarding the 737NGX since I have had it since Nov of 2013, Thus far, I have had zero issues with the model and no Out Of Memory Errors until after I installed SP1D. I am at a loss as to what is going on but I can say that the issue is occuring at the end of flights between KCLT to KMIA (as well as the same trip back to KCLT) and that there is both an audible and visual warning from windows when the OOM occurs. My KCLT scenery is freeware but my KMIA/Miami area is Miami City 2012 X. Drzewiecki Design. Knowing that the latter scenery is considerably large and takes a good bit of VAS, I have tested the NGX, MD-11, and Aerosoft A319 on the same and similar distance routes and and around Miami with no OOM issues. This issue so far as I can tell is specific to the NGX post SP1D

Just to clarify, my LOD_Radius and Texture Max Load settings are totally stock, no modifications.

My systems specs are as follows:

Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40Ghz

16gb RAM

W7-64

GPU - Radeon HD7770 2gb

Again, others may not be experiencing what I am but I am just curious if anyone might be seeing this with the current update? BTW, everything works systems wise and runs smoother than the previous version.

Regards,

Lower settings nothing to do with the update.

Also you will have a better response if you post it on the CTD forum

Vernon Howells

Hi!

Its not just you. I'm noticing crazy VAS usage now. OOMed on a short trip from Bergen X to Gardemoen X, a trip taking 45 min. Tried to do the same in the PMDG 777 and landed with 400MB left. I'm also using the Steam Edition and it handles VAS much better for me. After departure, VAS usually drops for about 200-300 MB in either the PMDG777 or Aerosoft Airbus. The NGX (SP1D) eats it all up. I don't know why...

But I have noticed that when I press the FS2Crew panel, VAS usage jumps about 300 MB. How is this even possible? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but something is eating up the virtual adress space. Maybe the weather radar? When I use it with ASN, it takes like 5 min before it shuts down with an error.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Jeeso! Well thats why i haven't installed SPD1 i'm letting the dust settle. Plus i have the DVD lol

Vernon Howells

FS2Crew adds nearly 200 MB to the VAS footprint, but you probably had used FS2Crew already with SP1c, hadn't you?

So the question is, how has the NGX VAS usage changed from SP1c to SP1d, other things being equal?

SP1d has the terrain sweep and weather radar (WX radar is a small image file being loaded up that is continually updated and consumes VAS).  The update probably notchs it up slightly enough to push you over the edge compared to the "c" version. 

You might have been on the precipice with the "c" version and the extras in the "d" version pushed you over.

Only solution is to lower the settings.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I use FSUIPC to monitor VAS so i'll keep an eye on that once i install the update. But i'll hold off.

Vernon Howells

SP1d has the terrain sweep and weather radar (WX radar is a small image file being loaded up that is continually updated and consumes VAS).  The update probably notchs it up slightly enough to push you over the edge compared to the "c" version. 

You might have been on the precipice with the "c" version and the extras in the "d" version pushed you over.

Only solution is to lower the settings.

That sounds about right! But - When I use the WX radar in the PMDG 777, VAS usage is steady and predictable.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

That sounds about right! But - When I use the WX radar in the PMDG 777, VAS usage is steady and predictable.

The image is small...in comparison to the whole enchilada!!  But I suspect the OP has his settings a "tick" too high.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Well, I'm now 100 % certain that VAS is leaking somewhere with this update! 

Just "completed" a flight I've probably done like 50 times with the standard NGX in boxed FSX edition, which is from Gardemoen X (ENGM) to Arlanda X (ESSA). I NEVER had VAS problems on this short trip but today the game crashed when taxiing to gate. So increadibly frustrating to have waited so long for the FSX:SE update just to get lots of OOMs already. 

I had 1100 MB VAS left when starting my approach, then I activated the WX radar. From there, it all went downhill. Something is definitely not right, at least on my rig. Maybe I have to try a fresh install...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thanks for the replies, now I feel a bit better in thinking there's an issue. Anyhow, FYI, I did lower my scenery settings as A cross-check and it seemed to help a little but the OOM still occurred on final approach but the key difference between the different scenery level settings was that with the higher settings I would suffer OOM well before the final approach but with the settings turned down, I could actually land and the OOM would CTD the sim as I began to taxi. 

Driver170 & Admins, my mistake/appologies posting this issue here as I wasn't aware there was a separate CTD forum section. Admins, if possible would you move/merge this post to the appropriate area?

Glad i ain't installed the update! Have you sent a ticket?

No. I figured more people should report issues before they take me seriously. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I too would like to report this issue.

Flew from DTTJ (Aerosoft) to LSGG (FS DreamTeam) and back and FSUIPC's VAS alarm was going when on approach back at DTTJ.

And I'm running DX10!!!!!! First time I've heard that alarm since going DX10.

So there must be a problem with SP1D.

Martin. 

Martin Stacey.

Driver170, on 08 Mar 2015 - 8:47 PM, said:

Glad i ain't installed the update! Have you sent a ticket?

No. I figured more people should report issues before they take me seriously.

Yeh you need more cases i suppose eh

Vernon Howells