Sign in to follow this  
Storm

OOM Error after SP1D

Over 50 hrs of testing on sp1d and I never encountered an OOM situation.

I really think you have an issue with your setup.  Perhaps a scenery is really gobbling up your VAS, i would look there first.  Try turning a few things off and watch your load at that time.  If your using WX generation and texture lower the resolution and compression.

That is very interesting.

1-Did you fly with PMDG 777 during your 50  hours testing?

2-What  was your settings?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I very, very seriously have concerns about the use of "must be" when asserting that there are issues with SP1d. First, DX10 isn't a supported use. Second, I highly doubt there's any semblance of scientific method being used here.

Kyle Rodgers

That is very interesting.

1-Did you fly with PMDG 777 during your 50  hours testing?

2-What  was your settings?

Thanks

He's an NGX Beta Team Member, so I'm sure he has many hours with the NGX in testing.

Since you asked about the 777, I have nearly 175 hours in the 777 SP1d on FSX-SE...but VAS is managed much better in FSX-SE.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

To be clear, prior to installing SP1D, I had flown the NGX on a good number of long routes with scenery settings almost maxed out  (and most of those routes included HD type scenery) and not a single OOM has ever occurred. I'm going to perform some more testing with different distances and scenery density level settings and see if there are any correlations/repeat OOM issues and report back.

See what you can do to isolate it, controlling variables where you can; disabling other add ons. (Similar to what a group of us are doing in the most recent 777 VAS thread.)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Okay, the issue persists regardless of lowering the scenery settings as well as disabling/removing some scenery.  Luckily I kept my original installer and am going to roll back to that one and continue running a series of tests an keep notes while trying to isolate the issue based on what's installed or not. Will report back in a day or two.

I very, very seriously have concerns about the use of "must be" when asserting that there are issues with SP1d. First, DX10 isn't a supported use. Second, I highly doubt there's any semblance of scientific method being used here.

Well no of course, its a game, but monitoring VAS usage and comparing it to previously known values is as far as we can get. And, A VAS leakage doesn't necessarily occur for everyone, which is very strange I give you that. But it would be nice if we were to be believed at least. Somethings wrong when I can complete a flight from EGLL-ENGM with the PMDG777 with both FTX Norway and England installed but not ESSA-ENGM with the NGX. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

He's an NGX Beta Team Member, so I'm sure he has many hours with the NGX in testing.

Since you asked about the 777, I have nearly 175 hours in the 777 SP1d on FSX-SE...but VAS is managed much better in FSX-SE.

Second that! Was testing this last night... 

Quite a significant improvement in VAS management in FSX:SE ... 

Completed a flight from UK2000 EGKK to FlyTampa Copenhagen... VAS usage was around 2.1 GB at takeoff, 1.2 GB during cruise, and 2.2-2.4 GB when landing in Copenhagen (has never seen VAS usage drop like that) ... was using PMDG 737NGX SP1D ... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

(has never seen VAS usage drop like that)

lol!  It is crazy to see what FSX-SE does with VAS compared to what we're used to with FSX-MS, but that VAS drop is crazy! 

I can usually shed between 400MB-900MB in a flight using the 777 and have completed every flight I've had.  I've seen the same with the NGX SP1d in my limited flying with it so far.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Second that! Was testing this last night... 

Quite a significant improvement in VAS management in FSX:SE ... 

Completed a flight from UK2000 EGKK to FlyTampa Copenhagen... VAS usage was around 2.1 GB at takeoff, 1.2 GB during cruise, and 2.2-2.4 GB when landing in Copenhagen (has never seen VAS usage drop like that) ... was using PMDG 737NGX SP1D ... 

Are you using DX10?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

nope - I'm not using DX10 ... 

I'm really positively surprised regarding VAS management in FSX:SE compared to (old) version... I didn't expect that, to be honest ... Dovetail must have done something right, I guess... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well no of course, its a game, but monitoring VAS usage and comparing it to previously known values is as far as we can get. And, A VAS leakage doesn't necessarily occur for everyone, which is very strange I give you that. But it would be nice if we were to be believed at least. Somethings wrong when I can complete a flight from EGLL-ENGM with the PMDG777 with both FTX Norway and England installed but not ESSA-ENGM with the NGX. 

To me, it's not surprising at all, but that's the science side of me speaking.

Earlier I mentioned flaws in the scientific method to prove things here. EGLL-ENGM and ESSA-ENGM isn't controlling for variables. You have two: the plane and the route pair. This crosses different terrain, utilizes different airports (which may or may not be add on), and utilizes different aircraft.

Fly the same route pair, between the same airports with the two aircraft and I'm betting you'll see similar results. If you want to take the proof a step further and still have your old installer, install the SP1c version, test, and then install the SP1d version. I'm betting they'll be nearly exactly the same (if not slightly higher in SP1d t accommodate the radar and terrain sweep additions).

I'm honestly getting pretty tired of the assertion that the burden here is on us to update our products to use less VAS, but scenery developers just get a pass. If you look at the most egregious cases of VAS use, you'll find them in scenery, but if you look at the accusatory interweb commentary, there's a whole bunch of it aimed at the aircraft developers.

Kyle Rodgers