Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

Should i upgrade to 2.5?

I had no troubles upgrading this weekend to 2.5 with the hotfix.  ASN, ORBX FTX Global, REX 4, All my planes and airports work.   The only thing not working right now is FS2Crew (but that's because of the new 737NGX for P3D.  Patch coming soon) and VoxATC is managled.  Patch coming when it comes.  Hopefully soon.   VoxATC is an essential add-on for me since I don't like flying on Vatsim (can't ever understand the controllers with their $5 microphones).

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

If you like shadows and reflections - Yes. Most issues have been addressed in v2.5+.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

(can't ever understand the controllers with their $5 microphones).

lmao - good one Brian  :) take care brother

Rich Sennett

lmao - good one Brian  :) take care brother

XD   I am not being mean.  It's true.  It feels like a majority of the US controllers are using the cheapest garbage mic they can find.   The main reason I don't fly on Vatsim isn't because I can't handle the procedures it's because I am tired of having to say, "REPEAT AGAIN FOR <insert airline>" every SINGLE call.    Half the time when they give instructions I just guess what they said and respond.  It works most of the time.  XD   I think they forget they are not on a REAL radio network.   We have lag and a huge internet router system to go through which can degrade things and if you already are starting with a craptastic microphone and you speak like your ODing on crack then I can't understand what you are saying.  I think I am just getting old.  T_T

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I am currently using version 2.4 and am very happy with the way P3D runs on my system, I understand that in order for me to upgrade to 2.5 I have to uninstall all my add ons and P3D itself and start from scrach?

As I have quite a few add ons ( lots of ORBX regions/ global and a few payware aircraft) Can anyone advise me if it's really worth upgrading or should I stick with 2.4 for now? The thought of starting again is not a pleasant one ,

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

Yup...same boat...but when it came to waiting eight minutes for scenery to load...and sucky frame rates through-out...this afternoon I said," Screw it!... I'm moving over"… And tonite...

my scenery load is more like 30 seconds and it's absolutely glorious!!

Although I did make a backup of my scenery.cfg And UNINSTALLED 2.4, then proceeded to install 2.5 OVER the remaining file structure....keeping just about everything.

My frame rate is way up... the scenery shadows and cloud shadows and all of my payware scenery and airplanes are there ...I recorded Lancair at my DIY home airport, K69(see YouTube, this channel),P3d Turbine duke v2, touch n Goes at 1a6, and finally p3d version of PMDG's 737 NGX at Fly Tampa's St. Maarten-TNCM

OpusFsi, gave me my weather, and rumble and dynamic head movement and cockpit shake , and TrackIR, with its new drivers, my smooooth head tracking...my grin almost broke my face.

..... BOOOOOFULLLLLLL....!!!!!

And I don't know what LM did to the water but on my approach into Rwy 10 at TNCM, at 2000 feet, it made me want to jump out of the cockpit and go snorkeling ...it's dynamically gorgeous!

The frame rate was up in the 30s on my I7 2600 K/GeForce 770 2GB...

AT FIRST BLUSH, after 2 hours in P3d v2.5, it has never looked so lush and engaging, nor never run so smoothly... And NEVER given me such a rush in my 35 years of Flightsim experience...just DO IT!

Congrats Lockheed Martin!!!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yup...same boat...but when it came to waiting eight minutes for scenery to load...and sucky frame rates through-out...this afternoon I said," Screw it!... I'm moving over"… And tonite...

great write up on P3D - sounds like you are having a blast

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich!

Now, in another post I query about the 20,000 />130GB FTX files I have accumulated over the years, and what to do with them… Dump them all? And start over with the new installers or somehow salvage what I got…?

Leaning towards, the first option

Regards,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Have decided to go for it and move over to 2.5 as I have noticed that some of the orbx lights are very bright at night in v2.4 and I believe this has been fixed in 2.5

Is there an uninstallation process I need to follow to uninstall 2.4 and what about my add ons such as FTX Global and regions. i am happy to start from scratch but just want to do it right first time

I then plan to install the PMDG 737 I recently bought :smile:

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Have decided to go for it and move over to 2.5 as I have noticed that some of the orbx lights are very bright at night in v2.4 and I believe this has been fixed in 2.5

Is there an uninstallation process I need to follow to uninstall 2.4 and what about my add ons such as FTX Global and regions. i am happy to start from scratch but just want to do it right first time

I then plan to install the PMDG 737 I recently bought :smile:

DO NOT just delete your P3D 2.4 folder.   You will cry for hours and lament life.   Uninstall all your add-ons first, then uninstall your P3D 2.4 then clean up left over file and directories.  Wipe it all out.   Install v2.5 and the hot fixes before you do anything else.    Boot up once, let it make it's shader files and CFG files.  Quit. 

Start installing add-ons.   The Order I did it in (in general terms):

=====================================

1. FSUPIC - Boot up.  Check that it's working.  QUIT.

2. Terrain type scenery (FTX GLOBAL/VECTOR/UTX/MSE2.0) - Boot Up.  Check that it's working.  QUIT.

3. Aircraft (PMDG/Aerosoft/Etc).   Boot up.  Check my plane list to make sure it is all there and textures are loading when I click on a plane to preview it.  QUIT.

4. Airports -  Check your Scenery.CFG file to make sure the airport installers actually installed the airport into the CFG file.   Use the EMT Migration tool on FSX Only airports to ensure proper installation of NON-P3D payware airport packages.

5. Utilities - ASN, VoxATC, ACCU-Feel, Etc.  -  All the other bells and whistles that make the simulator that much better.

FLY!   Be Happy!  Make love, not war!

100454.png

Brian Navy

[...], and TrackIR, with its new drivers, my smooooth head tracking...my grin almost broke my face.

Hi Chas,

I have Version 5.2.2 - Final (Februrary 7, 2013). Are you referring to these or did I miss something?

Just let TrackIR check for updates...proceed as they advise

DO NOT just delete your P3D 2.4 folder.   You will cry for hours and lament life.   Uninstall all your add-ons first, then uninstall your P3D 2.4 then clean up left over file and directories.  Wipe it all out.   Install v2.5 and the hot fixes before you do anything else.    Boot up once, let it make it's shader files and CFG files.  Quit. 

Start installing add-ons.   The Order I did it in (in general terms):

=====================================

1. FSUPIC - Boot up.  Check that it's working.  QUIT.

2. Terrain type scenery (FTX GLOBAL/VECTOR/UTX/MSE2.0) - Boot Up.  Check that it's working.  QUIT.

3. Aircraft (PMDG/Aerosoft/Etc).   Boot up.  Check my plane list to make sure it is all there and textures are loading when I click on a plane to preview it.  QUIT.

4. Airports -  Check your Scenery.CFG file to make sure the airport installers actually installed the airport into the CFG file.   Use the EMT Migration tool on FSX Only airports to ensure proper installation of NON-P3D payware airport packages.

5. Utilities - ASN, VoxATC, ACCU-Feel, Etc.  -  All the other bells and whistles that make the simulator that much better.

FLY!   Be Happy!  Make love, not war!

Thanks for the info, thats perfect. I will give it a try out when I get some free time :)

My youtube channel

Hi Guys

I thought I would give you a bit of an update as I have just upgraded to 2.5 with hotfixes. I have so far installed full version of FSUIPC and also FTX Global and it runs very smoothly.

One thing I have remembered is that I have never updated my drivers for my GTX 770 card since I had my flight rig made for me a year ago,i checked the version and it says 335.23.I fly both FSX and P3D and as things run pretty smoothly would I really benefit from upgrading these? If so which version and is it easy to do?

Darran

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

Hi Guys

I thought I would give you a bit of an update as I have just upgraded to 2.5 with hotfixes. I have so far installed full version of FSUIPC and also FTX Global and it runs very smoothly.

One thing I have remembered is that I have never updated my drivers for my GTX 770 card since I had my flight rig made for me a year ago,i checked the version and it says 335.23.I fly both FSX and P3D and as things run pretty smoothly would I really benefit from upgrading these? If so which version and is it easy to do?

Darran

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

You are safe to upgrade to 347.88  - but DON'T install the latest driver that was released yesterday (350.12) because runway lights do not work with this latest driver.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/83112/en-uk

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display