Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

X-plane 10.40 New Weather Engine?

Ooooohh... I hope the "V" word has been attended to also.

Please do keep us apprised young Vincent!

Interesting, thanks for the info :-). Will be interesting to see where this goes

I saw that comment from Frede, hopefully an improved weather engine makes it's way into 10.40, even if it doesn't at least they are working on it.

Looking forward to this.  Fix ed the weather, give me visibility and I and many others will be extremely happy.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Great to hear! Knowing how LR works, I wonder if its coincidence that HiFi talked about possibly supporting x-plane a few weeks ago. 

as a new comer to xplane (2 months now) i am having as much fun playing with all the plugins and freeware that you can get for this sim.i have bought all my planes from the org,but the amount of freeware blows my mind.i bought my copy on steam during the christmas sale because of the half price because i thought, well there goes another wasted 30 bucks, like countless times with fsx,after about a week of reading through the manual,and help from the community, xplane is so much betterr than fsx and p3d in so many different ways.sure i use p3d because of my pmdg products,orbx and active sky, but when i heard pmdg was gonna be creating content for x-plane i was excited.i am considering buying the disc version just so i can get updates sooner, as steam takes too long,but anyway i think x-plane has a bright future and possibly with the future changes i see alot more people moving to x-plane or at least using both.a friend talked me into it and i talked another friend into it,so steam and word of mouth is really helping x-planes future,i didnt mean to turn this into a review but i am very much looking forward to x-planes future now.

Guest Mik75

Ooooooooh, ooooooooooh, oooooooooooooh!!! (me, showing some signs of hysterical excitement!) ;-)

It's not only weather, at least according to a post in an Italian X-Plane forum which quotes a changelog that seems to be written by Austin himself:

http://www.x-plane.it/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=25818#p267247

Esp. the PT6 engine simulation sounds very good.

Weather changes mentioned are related to wind. On the other hand, weather still is restricted to 3 cloud layers.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

It's not only weather, at least according to a post in an Italian X-Plane forum which quotes a changelog that seems to be written by Austin himself:

http://www.x-plane.it/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=25818#p267247

Esp. the PT6 engine simulation sounds very good.

Weather changes mentioned are related to wind. On the other hand, weather still is restricted to 3 cloud layers.

Lol.

His Lancair has a pt-6...

Some things never change.

Where Austin's heart goes, so goes the product.

Good to hear he finally got tired of the bad weather modeling apparently.

Send an email to Austin if anyone is willing to test it (Mac OS only), as they are looking for beta testers. I received 10.40 earlier, but haven't installed it yet. Also, as of yet, Austin hasn't mentioned if we testers can be talking about it or not (The email and notes don't mention it), but if you have the alpha, please get permission or check before posting details or screenshots, etc..