Sign in to follow this  
leebros

Engine failure

Hi all,

After updating to SP1D, both engines keep failing for me at approaches. I've done 2 flights and it happened in both. Everything is going on ok, the aircraft is descending downwind the runway, then suddenly both engines stop working, I quickly turn starters to CONT to make them start back up and it works, start APU as well. However after 1 minute or 2 it will be down again and again until it hits the ground. I'm clueless, never seen anything odd like this before, I kept monitoring AP and saw nothing wrong to make the issue occur. 

Anyone else seeing the same?

Any weather programs?

Any active failures in the FMC?

Do the engines stop working completely (as in, now power at all, no more fuel injected into the combustor), or do they just spool down to idle?

If it's the second... What is the "hardware A/T override" set to in your NGX?

What fuel quantity due you have remaining? It could be you are running low on usable fuel. Being pitched down on approach might make this worse.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have had thousands of flying hours with PMDG 737NGX and never saw this kind of issue happening before. I am sure that I din't have any problem with fuel as I always have at least 1 ton of fuel remaining. Failures are not activated in FMC, service based failures either. Weather engine is ASN. It shows "Engine Fail" on both engines. Thanks.

qx1ISXG.jpg

Strange, it now even happens on ground after the aircraft loaded. 

Xf5edFv.jpg

Do you use any hardware?

I do. Saitek yoke & throttle quadrant, and Logitech 3D Pro for rudder. All have been calibrated with FSUIPC.

I loaded the sim and the aircraft freshly for a walk on the ground to make a test and the issue happened, please see it in this screencast (at 2:30) 

Do you have any axis assigned to fuel mixture? Try disconnecting hardware and see if it still happens without it.

That SHOULDN'T matter Chris because you wont get an ENG FAIL if you place the start levers into Cut off.........if that's what you mean by fuel mixture

That SHOULDN'T matter Chris because you wont get an ENG FAIL if you place the start levers into Cut off.........if that's what you mean by fuel mixture

Nameless,

FSX handles this strangely. Fuel mixture lean is used for the fuel cutoff levers. It's treated like fuel mixture even on a jet.

Do you have any axis assigned to fuel mixture? Try disconnecting hardware and see if it still happens without it.

Million thanks to you Chris, my life saver. You spot it right!!! I had an axis for fuel mixture, unassigning it magically solved the issue.

Nameless,

FSX handles this strangely. Fuel mixture lean is used for the fuel cutoff levers. It's treated like fuel mixture even on a jet.

Understood. But that is what I'm saying. He is getting a ENG FAIL on the DU. If you place to start levers to cut off you won't get this in the real thing.

Jack

Understood. But that is what I'm saying. He is getting a ENG FAIL on the DU. If you place to start levers to cut off you won't get this in the real thing.

Right, but this is being caused by an unrealistic situation internal to the sim's inner workings.

Jack

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Right, but this is being caused by an unrealistic situation internal to the sim's inner working.

AHH GOTCHA.

Full names in the forum, please.

OK but where's yours? Hehe

Jack Colwill