Sign in to follow this  
leebros

Engine failure

OK but where's yours? Hehe

Jack Colwill

It's there. If you're on the mobile version, it doesn't show automatic signatures though.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm just kidding anyway. Have to bug someone before 1 pm every day or my day isn't complete! Lol

Jack colwill

I'm just kidding anyway. Have to bug someone before 1 pm every day or my day isn't complete! Lol

Jack colwill

haha - I feel ya on that one.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello all

I had the same behaviour yesterday flying from EDDM to LOWW .. During descent ( LNAV / VNAV engaged ) suddenly one engine failed ... Didn't touch anything as I was reading my charts for approach. There was a purple message ( x-feed?? something ) ... Ho... He only change in descents was that I cutted the apu ( that I forgot to switch off after engine start ) and stopped the engine deice ( engine failure due to icing ??)

I will try to reproduce in same conditions tonight thanks to ASN historical weather

Philippe Bardyn

I had the same behaviour yesterday flying from EDDM to LOWW .. During descent ( LNAV / VNAV engaged ) suddenly one engine failed ... Didn't touch anything as I was reading my charts for approach. There was a purple message ( x-feed?? something ) ... Ho... He only change in descents was that I cutted the apu ( that I forgot to switch off after engine start ) and stopped the engine deice ( engine failure due to icing ??)

Sounds almost like you planned your fuel pretty closely for the regular fuel burn for the flight, but the APU draws only from the #1 side. Leaving it on the whole flight ate into the fuel on the left side and starved the left engine. Just a thought. I don't know what your numbers were, though, so I can't say for sure.

Regardless, if an error that large was made, I'd question myself before questioning the plane.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks indeed... I question myself... but that's the goal of simulation...learning, learning and again learning

But in this case, the fuel prediction on the FMC was about 4 at destination, no warning on the screen and it was number 2 that failed

Sorry to dare to question the plane :unsure:

Sorry to dare to question the plane

That's not at all what I was trying to say. In the battle of numbers between programs erring and humans erring (or causing the computer to err), the winner is very surely the human. Thus my comment, which was essentially to say "ensure you're not causing the issue first before asserting it's caused elsewhere.

Also, full names are required in the forum here. Please place your full name in your posts in the future.

Kyle Rodgers