Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

Prepar3D V2.5 activation failure.

Hi all...

I have just uninstalled P3D V2.4 using the setup.exe executable and have installed V2.5..

When I attempt to activate, I receive the error code "5008 License not found on server"...When I request my license details from the sever and when I check my account, the license number I am entering is correct, although I can't activate it because the server does not recognise it. I have sent an e-mail to P3D support and licensing but I was wondering in the meantime whether any of my fellow flight simmers have encountered the same problem?

Regards..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

According to the website FAQ -

When I go to activate Prepar3D, I keep getting error 5008. What is wrong?

The License ID or the Password cannot be validated. Likely this is because you are entering the wrong activation password. Make sure you are using the activation password that is contained in your invoice email and not your Prepar3D.com account password.

The 5008 error in licensing any product indicates a password or license mismatch.  Hopefully you are copying and pasting the password and license into the appropriate boxes and not trying to enter them manually.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim....found the solution and activated successfully....although I'm too embarrassed to tell you what my error was.. :rolleyes: Your reply was what made me re-check some things. That's all I'm prepared to divulge! :lol:

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

LOL.  Glad you are reactivated.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As a side note, I shared the 5008. As usual, the error was sitting in front of the monitor. I had requested LM to change my Email some time ago, as forum notifications to the original one were constantly eaten by some evil creature. This new Email was accompanied by new activation details - which fact I just didn't recall.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11