Sign in to follow this  
Dbader

VRInsight Boeing or Airbus?

First of all to ScotFlieger - a huge thanks for all the incredible work you've done! Equal thanks to the founders of Linda for such a superb piece of software.

Having played around with Linda over the last week or so it seems to suit my needs perfectly.

One big question that I am hoping Scot might have the answer to: which MCP to purchase from VRInsight?

I fly the following aircraft: FSLabs Concorde X, PMDG 737 and PMDG 777, Aerosoft A318,320,321, A2A C172

Both MCPs seem to work well using Linda but I can see myself flying the Airbus more often now that the 737 is being phased out of the BA fleet. (Yes I fly for BAV)

(Of course I, like many, am eagerly awaiting the FSLabs version of the Airbus!!)

Hi Dbader

Welcome to LINDA. Yes, we are all indebted to the original designers for a great tool. I am only pleased to be able to take their work forward.

I have both current VRInsight Combo II MCP panels.  The Combo II MCP (Boeing), as its name suggests, better matches the 737 and others from the Boeing stable. However, due to the Airbus family cockpit resemblance across all models, the Airbus FCU is a perfect match for that fleet. The Aerosoft Airbus 4.3 module provides a one-to-one read across to the simulated cockpit.  As I prefer to fly the Aerosoft A319/A320 with the BAV across its European network, the FCU is my first choice.  I also use it with C172, A2A C182 and even the PDMG 737NGX without difficulty due to the flexibility of LINDA to assign multiple functions across the 3 modes.

If you are thinking of other aircraft types and sim versions then check that there is a module available for LINDA first.  There is a considerable amount of work required to provide a fully functional aircraft module for LINDA requiring access to a documented SDK.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Many thanks for your reply.

I have downloaded modules for all the aircraft that I fly currently and the functionality seems very impressive. (Even for Concorde, which is not fully functional though not through any shortcoming in the Linda software)

I think I might be going the Airbus FCP route then.

Good to know that you fly for BAV though under a different name I assume - like me! ;-)

Donation made. :-)

Thank you Dbader.

BAW121

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Salut ScotFlieger,

I have the FCU airbus and this work fine due to your work! thanks!

My question is if the FCU is compatible the  with Majestic Q400 ?

Thanks,

djije

Salut ScotFlieger,

I have the FCU airbus and this work fine due to your work! thanks!

My question is if the FCU is compatible the  with Majestic Q400 ?

Thanks,

djije

Hi Djije

Thank you. The FCU will work with the Q400 but there is no prepared configuration at present.  I have been slowly working to copy the functions from the supplied config-mcp2.lua file to config-mcp2a.lua (for FCU). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for your quick answer!

so, i'll be waiting for your new works! ...this week? :wink:  :Whistle:

Djije