Sign in to follow this  
kanoasurf2

Uncalibrated rudder

I thought that after the new installation of both the ngx and 777 with the new update it would be solved... but not.

I have been using the CH pedals (and yoke) for yeayrs and years. Only recently I started to have the following problem.

Please see the picture attached. Both aircrafts go off to the right. If I press numpad 5, it centres but in a few seconds goes to the position in the picture and then off to the right again.

Other aircrafts like Aerosoft 320 does not have the problem but the Quality wings Avro suffers the same (although I barely use them at all). My concern are the PMDG, the ones I fly all the time.

I calibrated with FSX. Not easy for the peddlas but did it anyway. No success.

I have calibrated with CH control manager (o whatever is called). No success

I deleted the "standard.xml" from the users forlder, and the fsx folder (including the root_standard.xml from the setup folder in the fsx folder) pluged the controls again and see... no siccess

I installed a new FSUIPC. Nothing

I run out of ideas....

Any suggestions?

(Just in case I haven't made it 100% clear: it is not a PMDG fault. I'm posting here just for help and because the PMDG planes are the only ones I'm interested on and because you guys are the most knowledgeable overall :) )

How can I attaché the picture?

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

Antonio,

I use Saitek pedals and have the some issue. Calibration looks ok. Rudder trim in the 777 is centre. Flight control page shows rudders centred but it drifts to the right on taxi and takeoff. I only use the 777 for my simulator so not sure if this is FSX wide. I just live with it but any suggestions from anyone else would be appreciated.

Posted a reply as it's nice to know your not the only one with a specific problem.

Regards

This sounds more on the side of hardware calibration issues, since you mentioned it happens in the QW 146 as well. Have you both tried calibrating in FSUIPC?

I rather not. I didn't need to in ten years using the controls, so at least I would like to try to understand, and fix it if possible, why out of the blue is not working.

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K

You need to consider using FSUIPC to be the primary control of the pedals.

Remove the settings in FSX for the pedals and set up the pedals with FSUIPC.

I had a similar issue that you are reporting, so I searched the forums and Internet 'calibrate rudder pedals fsx' or 'calibrate rudder pedals fsuipc'

If it helps:

I unplugged the controls and uninstalled Control manger.

Plug them back in and used ClrCalib64.exe.

Run the simulator and all is working (I have to re-assign some of the  buttons like trim, flaps and so on) but is working without the need for further calibration.

Thanks to all for your help

Kano

How was the weather? Any wind coming from the right? 

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

What do you mean? Before I got it fixed or after? Anyway, I always test without weather. Using wind to test does not make sense as would hide the problem. If I want to know whether the problem relates to the controls or not, the first thing I have to do is eliminate any other potential causes, and the first one is the wind, and the second any propeller. So I test without weather and with a jet.

Cheers

Kano