Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

Hardware upgrade choices for FSX/PMDG

I would welcome some advice on upgrading my system.  I currently have a i5 2500k CPU with a 700 mhertz Graphics card (512 RAM), and 8 Gigs (2 x 4) of generic RAM.  What can I do on a budget to improve this? Will I see much improvement by upgrading RAM and video card.  Yes, I know that CPU is king with FSX, but I am thinking that my vid card and Ram are still holding my system back, and that I should be able to get more out of my i5 than low 20s FPS.

Currently contemplating replacing RAM with one or two 8GB sticks, and adding a GTX 750 with 2GB.  Does this sound reasonable, or should I put my money elsewhere?  Have about $300 budgeted for upgrades.

I do not use this system for other games, but would like it to run stably in low 30s with default scenery and PMDG aircraft.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Your best bet would be to ask on the AVSIM hardware forums. They're the expert with this sort of thing.