Sign in to follow this  
Cape

FSX SE 737 600/700 not visible after install.

Hi there

I was hoping that someone would be able to assist in me in working out a small problem that I have with the PMDG 737 600/700 in Steam.

I downloaded the 800/900 series from my account with PMDG and having selected the FSX Steam version when prompted, installed this updated version without a hitch. I used OPs Centre to download and install repaints etc. and then started FSX steam. The 800/900 model of the aircraft behaves perfectly for me.

Not so much with the 600/700 series.

Again, the process I followed was that I downloaded the PMDG 737 600/700 from my account with PMDG and using 'run as admin', run the exe file for 600/700 version.

I then select the Steam version, accept the license terms and then click install.

The install itself is very quick, unusually so...at least it seems that way.

Now is when it gets interesting..

1. When I check in my simobjects/airplane folder, the 800/900 is plain to see, but no 600/700.
  2. When I run PMDG Ops Centre, the 800/900 is displayed and functional but the 600/700 is only 'advertised' in the NGX menu under the expansion tab.
  3. However, the 600/700 is listed in OC under the NGX version tab. OC confirms the installed version and current version of the 600/700 as being up to date.
  4. Having checked, I cannot find any files for the 600/700 in FSX or elsewhere on my PC.
  5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both versions a number of time, the 800/900 always behaves, but not so the 600/700.

Happy to provide any further details as needed to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mark Hammond

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Has anyone managed to find a solution to this?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Has anyone managed to find a solution to this?

Send a PM to Cape/Mark Hammond. Maybe he can share with you how he solved his problem Based upon no relies to his post, it's obvious he didn't get any help from this forum. Maybe he submitted a ticket to PMDG.

I managed to solve this by myself. The solution to this problem is very easy. When running the installer, you must select it to install the addon to BOTH FSX editions, the Original and the Steam Edition. You don't have to have the original version of FSX installed, nor have the NGX installed for it. You only need the NGX for the Steam Edition, obviously.

r042a1.jpg