Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

$300 Million Freeware - - - - - -

Guest _patrol_

- - - From Microsoft! www.internetnews.com/ent-news/print.php/3360271David

Having kept up with the beta issues it'll be a while before I install this one - expensive "freeware" or not :-) . Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest ba747heavy

Yea, I will hold off for a while myself.

why do you think there is a beta?It's attitudes like yours that cause problems with people getting infected by trojans and virusses despite the updates to prevent infection having been around for weeks or months.

Guest ba747heavy

Sure Jeroen. My waiting to hold off on installing an update because I don't know how it will affect my computer is so outta line. PFFFFFFFFFT!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Oh I'll be holding off on this one for a while myself. I can only imagine the problems that will occur. Something tells me they aren't spening much of their time focusing on how sims will perform with this... :)

Guest RJ

It's a public Release Candidate, with RC2 due on the 7th. MS need as many folks as possible to get behind them to ensure its stability and iron-out any issues pre-final.IMO, a leviathan task that should reap rewards for both end-users AND MS. All very well holding off for now, but don't expect to be listened to if you find bugs with the final distribution that could so easily have been fixed at Release Candidate level.

As ever, Jeroen gives us constructive and happy responses :) (:-eek)

Im sure MS can be successful even if I wait a couple of months or more to DL this. I remember the effect SP1 had on my sims... I guarantee an incompatible 3rd party app, or some other problem will cause a problem on my otherwise stable PC. EJ

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Zevious Zoquis

LOL, no way am I using my system to uncover bugs for M$. I've got the thing running just the way I want it to and I'm not messing with this till I know its not going to impact negatively on overall system performance. I've had far more trouble in the past with virus protection software than I have with the viri themselves...actually, I've never had a virus.

I frankly don't care what you think of my "attitude". As far as virus and trojans being a problem, here's my static IP address - 65.7.142.51, and here's my e-mail address - w2dr@bellsouth.net . Feel free to try and break this machine any way you want. Have a nice day.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest danowat

Hmmm, common misconception, you DON'T need to have the service packs to get the security issue patches, they are there for all to get, regardless of which service pack you have.I ALWAYS wait until its absoloutly essential to get the service packs, in my experiance they can be more of a headache than a good thing.Dan.

Guest panzerschiffe

I've been using the Service Pack 2 betas ever since they were available.It is quite a major update, especially when it comes to security. A totally revamped firewall, new Outlook Express that is more secure, and a new Security Center which places all security information in one place. Firewall, Anti-virus, Automatic Updates, all can be managed from this one module.It makes keeping your computer more secure easier. For the vast majority of users for whom anti-virus, firewalls, are all a bit esoteric, the Security Center will make it easier for them to keep their computers more secure.I have not experience any system crippling bugs with the release candidates so far. It would behoove you to install it when Microsoft makes it available.Failure of people to install critical updates on their system is one of the main reasons viruses and worms are so successful now. A few of the recent worms and viruses would have not been so bad had people installed critical updates on their system.I find it kinda funny to see how many people here are paranoid about installing Microsoft's updates, when the failure to install those updates are the source of so many problems.

Guest ba747heavy

>I find it kinda funny to see how many people here are paranoid>about installing Microsoft's updates, when the failure to>install those updates are the source of so many problems.Glad to see your the expert about whats best for my computer. :-tollIn any case, I have had bad experiences installing updates blindly from Microsoft. I do recollect one patch slowed the computer down so much that FS became a slideshow. And thats just one update. It is my practice to not wait forever to install an update - rather I wait and make sure that people are not experiencing adverse affects from the updates. If that attitude is wrong well sorry, but I don't really find fault with it.

Guest danowat

With an up to date firewall and a decent virus protection program, you don't NEED these heavy handed "upgrades".Maybe one day MS will release an OS without such gapping wide security flaws in that won't require CONSTANT updating.yeah right.Dan.