Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ultimate Terrain vs. ORBX products

I'm trying to make a reasonable (VAS-wide) decision regarding further purchases for my P3D and since I've been always a big fan of UT series since FS2004 times, I'm wondering whether this package (FT Global + UT USA/EU) would compensate the lack of FT Vector and FT LC (Europe). What I understood (perhaps I'm wrong here), UT is essentially "two-in-one" combo that replicates Vector + LC. 

I mean the following;  FTX Base + FTX Vector + FTX LC EU = FTX Base + UT USA/Europe = less VAS with the former.

Correct?

Thank you

Dmitriy

I'm trying to make a reasonable (VAS-wide) decision regarding further purchases for my P3D and since I've been always a big fan of UT series since FS2004 times, I'm wondering whether this package (FT Global + UT USA/EU) would compensate the lack of FT Vector and FT LC (Europe). What I understood (perhaps I'm wrong here), UT is essentially "two-in-one" combo that replicates Vector + LC. 

I use global and UTX V2 its great - will get Europe also - I use UTX V2 lights shut off global lights - I will not be purchasing vector for USA - UTX V2 is excellent its also better on fps than vector for Europe which I dont use anymore

Rich Sennett

Thank you, Richard

Great to hear that my suspicions were right!

Thank you, Richard

Great to hear that my suspicions were right!

Your welcome you wont be disappointed - you need to set the lights up in the lights menu - a little time consuming but well worth it they look awesome 

Rich Sennett

I have Global, Vector, OpenLC & UTX. I ultimately disabled Vector and OpenLC.  The difference is noticeable in a very good way. Staying with UTX.

Allen of UTX did a VAS test in FSX but it also applies to P3d and UTX uses less.

Also, UTX is using he latest and most accurate data available. Don't think you can go wrong.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic, that's good to know. I think I'll pick up UTX and give it a spin.

I'll throw my 2 cents in to this as well.  I always used GEX/UTX in FSX.  I decided to change over to FTX Global last year along with Vector when it was released.  I quickly removed Vector as I was very unhappy with it due to the performance hit and I just didn't think it looked nearly as good as UTX.  I did keep FTX Global but went back to UTX.  UTX 2.0 came out and it's even better!  Night ights are fantastic! FTXG and UTX 2.0 is a nice combo in FSX.

Now a week ago I caved and bought P3D 2.5,  I figured I would do the same setup there.  Well, the disappointing thing for me after installing FTXG was that my night textures looked terrible.  Default P3D night textures IMHO are great.  It has a nice orange glow and is visable from a distance. FTXG killed this effect which is a big deal for me. So, I am now back to default P3D textures and using UTX 2.0.  Night now looks fantastic....much better than FSX!  I can live with the default P3D day textures for now, they really aren't bad.  I do believe GEX may be planning a new product for P3D so I will wait and see what that brings.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'll throw my 2 cents in 

Exactly - vector performance hit I took was not worth it so looking forward to purchase the UTX Europe V2 version soon - lights setup to your liking is awesome

Rich Sennett

Okey, thanks again for saving me a little bit of money.

Interesting thread, I have FTXG and UTX 1.xx, all regions.

I love the FTXG 3D lights on UTX roads utility. Will that be possible to get with UTX 2.xx, or is it obsolete? Does UTX 2 provide 3D lights as FTXG?

Cheers,

23.png

There is still a problem of installing UTX 2.0 US into P3Dv2.5+ as mentioned in their support forum. Though, there is a workarround and they will publish UTX 2.1 US soon, which will adress this issue. UTX 2.0 EU installer is already aware of the new file structure in P3Dv2.5+.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

So nice to finally have UTX in the P3D world. It's been a rather long wait but well worth it.  :smile:

Cheers,

Clayton

Interesting thread, I have FTXG and UTX 1.xx, all regions.

I love the FTXG 3D lights on UTX roads utility. Will that be possible to get with UTX 2.xx, or is it obsolete? Does UTX 2 provide 3D lights as FTXG?

Cheers,

UTX 2.0 makes that utility obsolete since the UTX 3D lighting is MUCH better than the Vector lighting.....IMO

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11