Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ultimate Terrain vs. ORBX products

Not sure why you would want to disable OpenLC to try UTX.

UTX and OpenLC do two separate jobs. There is no reason to deactivate or avoid Open LC.

Open LC is Landclass everywhere. Is that tile below you Agriculture? Forest? Desert? Swamp? and so on.

UTX and Vector do the same thing. However... UTX has some URBAN lanclass data. Stuff within urban areas mostly. But if an area is wrong? Say... Shows desert below when it is really supposed to be Agriculture? UTX will not fix that. OpenLC does.

Recap...

UTX and Vector = Vector data (Roads, Rivers, towns, cities, lakes, coastlines and so on)

OpenLC = Landclass data (Agriculture, Desert, Rock, Tunndra, Forest and so on)

Global = Repalcement Texture pack (Colors the ground as requested by the landclass type)

Anyway. I am going to add UTX Canada to my OpenLC NA Canada and Global install and see how well they blend.

C.

Hello, i have some questions, now in the market we have orbx global v1.4,vector 1.35,openlc europe 1.2, openlc NA and another product utx europe v2.1, utx usa v2.1, utx canada v2, utx tropical america and caraibben and an new mesh software freemesh x. I have a medium pc :i5 4670k,4gb ram, 650 ti, hdd, asrock z87 pro4, p3d v3.2.3 proffesional. First question: what software is best to use for texture, vector, landscape, mesh and what is the order in scenery library for this products (global, vector, openlc, my traffic 6,freemeshx,orbx libs, night environment or global, utx, openlc, my traffic6, night environment, freemeshx, orbx libs) from top priority 1 to down, what is the best combo and order in scenery library now in 2016 with this products updates? Money dont matter.

I tried new installers for Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe last weekend. I saw no difference between older and newer versions (central Europe). I returned to combo FTX Global + UTX 2.1 - better visuals, better frames (FSX:SE). I use Pilot's mesh.

My PC: i5 4690k OC 4.2GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 660. 

• Upvote 1

what is the best combo and order in scenery library now in 2016 with this products updates? Money dont matter.

GEXP3D and UTX is the best combo in my opinion.  I have FTXG and Vector and also GEX and UTX.  In P3D I use UTX and FTXG, but when I goes back to FSX occasionally, I found the GEX texture to be better and consume less VAS.  The other advantage with the GEXP3D and UTX combo is that you have 30 days to decide due to Flight1 money back guarantee.  No such option with ORBX.  GEXP3D is also rework for P3D, whereas ORBX make no mention of being designed specifically for P3D.  I have been resisting getting GEXP3D (steep price at 129$, albeit it's a global product), but I may have to fork out the money soon.

• Upvote 1

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Recap...

UTX and Vector = Vector data (Roads, Rivers, towns, cities, lakes, coastlines and so on)

Global = Repalcement Texture pack (Colors the ground as requested by the landclass type)

This may seem like a dumb question, but if you're using something like OrbX SoCal Region, is that a replacement for stock Vector, Landclass & Textures?

Or could you add further to the OrbX experience?

This may seem like a dumb question, but if you're using something like OrbX SoCal Region, is that a replacement for stock Vector, Landclass & Textures?
Or could you add further to the OrbX experience?

Not a dumb question at all.  The ORBX regions include everything you mentioned plus mesh.  The regions will override base Global, Vector, etc....so there is no need to purchase them if you only use their regions.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why you would want to disable OpenLC to try UTX.

UTX and OpenLC do two separate jobs. There is no reason to deactivate or avoid Open LC.

Open LC is Landclass everywhere. Is that tile below you Agriculture? Forest? Desert? Swamp? and so on.

UTX and Vector do the same thing. However... UTX has some URBAN lanclass data. Stuff within urban areas mostly. But if an area is wrong? Say... Shows desert below when it is really supposed to be Agriculture? UTX will not fix that. OpenLC does.

Recap...

Anyway. I am going to add UTX Canada to my OpenLC NA Canada and Global install and see how well they blend.

C.

That's not entirely accurate...

UTX does have LC as well, says so on the product page itself.... It's not just vector data.

That's not entirely accurate...

UTX does have LC as well, says so on the product page itself.... It's not just vector data.

Correct, and i have seen huge conflicts around Copenhagen and Kastrup airport with both activated.

Thats why i stick with UTX2,1 roads and OpenLC EU for the rest

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thats why i stick with UTX2,1 roads and OpenLC EU for the rest

Are UTX2.1 roads better than FTX Veector ones? I used to use UTX1 but instead of upgrading to 2 I chose to believe the hype about Orbx stuff (not realising how much work it would entail). I'm pressing on because it does look good, but i want the best ... so UTX2.1 roads? Or not?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Are UTX2.1 roads better than FTX Veector ones? I used to use UTX1 but instead of upgrading to 2 I chose to believe the hype about Orbx stuff (not realising how much work it would entail). I'm pressing on because it does look good, but i want the best ... so UTX2.1 roads? Or not?

Pete

Went the same route Pete but not to fond of Vector for several reasons and missing the good old UTX ;-)

Curious to because I'm thinking of going the UTX route with sandwiching OpenLC in between.

André

Pete

UTX uses commercial grade data, the other uses Open Street Map (enhanced?) data. UTX pays a royalty for the sale, Open Street Map expects any changed data to be shared back with the community. I think OSM is still waiting for the shared data?

UTX offers a 30 day money-back option if you are not happy.

I think both are completely Good.

FTX GLOBAL is completely amazing, a lot o people says that is a photorealistic textures of all the globe! hehe i laught when i heard that, ftx global is a texture ground replacement for the sim.

UTX improves the Railways, Freeways... etccc.. Ground information and improved landclass.

Kinda as FTX Global Vector is.Just vector adds improved coast-lines that makes the coast zones more realistic and better :D 

I would prefer FTX because the price and because with REX4 and AS it makes the sim 1000% Bette, BTW it seems that UTX produces OOM :C

UTX uses commercial grade data, the other uses Open Street Map (enhanced?) data. UTX pays a royalty for the sale, Open Street Map expects any changed data to be shared back with the community. I think OSM is still waiting for the shared data?

UTX offers a 30 day money-back option if you are not happy.

I've now downloaded it ready to try and fit it in alongside / replacing Vector (?). I see there's a god discount for Version 1 owners.

I would prefer FTX because the price and because with REX4 and AS it makes the sim 1000% Bette, BTW it seems that UTX produces OOM :C

Hmm. Don't like the sound of the last bit, but I'll check it out anyway. Thanks.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

BTW it seems that UTX produces OOM :C

Never happen to me, and I use UTX with both FSX-SE and P3D.  Vector on the other hand consume much more memory and will push the system over.  If you only fly in NA and Europe, you can throw away Vector.  I still use it in P3D for other places in the world that does not have good vector data.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

how about this scenery library order(without vector), do you recommend this? and I am thinking to put the night environment demo after freemesh x (priority 39) , its a utx orbx mix, if I am wrong how I need to order this, thanks

Captur_ecran_1.png

Captur_ecran_2.png