Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ultimate Terrain vs. ORBX products

Richard - I also used the workaround and the native Europe installer. I have Glolbal, Vector(disabled), OpenLC and have had no issues at all.

The 2.1 USA should be out in a few weeks - Allen is on vacation. All other areas, Canada, Alaska, Tropics, etc are in the works.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I do mostly airliner flying over 30k feet so I like the orange glow beneath.  I think the best combo I have seen so far (including FS9,FSX and FSX w/DX10) is the default P3D night textures along with UTX 2.0 

=====================================================================

fLIC are you using P3D 2.5 ? - if so no problems getting it up and running

Richard - I also used the workaround and the native Europe installer. I have Glolbal, Vector(disabled), OpenLC and have had no issues at all.

The 2.1 USA should be out in a few weeks - Allen is on vacation. All other areas, Canada, Alaska, Tropics, etc are in the works.

Vic

Vic thanks - any quick instructions to get it running in P3D  2.5 - thanks

Rich Sennett

fLIC are you using P3D 2.5 ? - if so no problems getting it up and running

Hey Rich - Yes, I have 2.5 installed. UTX Europe 2.0 installs with no problems as they released it with their new triple installer.  I just installed UTX USA 2.0 a couple hours ago but that installer is not updated for 2.5 yet (should be soon).  The terrain.cfg has to be moved into the main P3D folder for installation and then moved back since LM changed the location of that file  Works great but they will have UTX 2.1 out soon with the updated installers.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hey Rich - Yes, I have 2.5 installed. UTX Europe 2.0 installs with no problems as they released it with their new triple installer.  I just installed UTX USA 2.0 a couple hours ago but that installer is not updated for 2.5 yet (should be soon).  The terrain.cfg has to be moved into the main P3D folder for installation and then moved back since LM changed the location of that file  Works great but they will have UTX 2.1 out soon with the updated installers.

Eric

Thanks Buddy - great news :)

Rich Sennett

Thanks Buddy - great news :)

RIch - Although UTX USA 2.0 is working nicely in 2.5 with the 'workaround' I posted, I just noticed that there is a 'terrain.cfg' error with the lights interface when I tried to go in to change the light sizes.  Might be best to wait for the updated version so everything works correctly...I obviously wasn't patient enough!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

RIch - Although UTX USA 2.0 is working nicely in 2.5 with the 'workaround' I posted, I just noticed that there is a 'terrain.cfg' error with the lights interface when I tried to go in to change the light sizes.  Might be best to wait for the updated version so everything works correctly...I obviously wasn't patient enough!

Eric

Thank you- I think you are right installing flight1 software is a bit of a pain to begin with so I think I shall wait for an official installer - pretty sure I can figure it out but think I will wait - thanks Buddy

Rich Sennett

Judging by this support thread at Simforums, there's more work involved than just copying and recopying the terrain.cfg - the scenery.cfg requires some edits as well.  Also, it seems you have to do the terrain.cfg copy-and-paste routine to make changes via the configurator.  It can all be done if you follow all the steps, but since my appetite for tweaking isn't what it used to be, I'm going to follow Richard's lead and wait for the official fix.  

I'm going to follow Richard's lead and wait for the official fix.  

I hear yah Al - I  have been slacking myself lately - need to get back in the right frame of mind - hopefully soon

Rich Sennett

How do you use Ultimate Terrain 2 together with the ORBX region switcher? I would suspect you set it to Global during installation and usage of Ultimate Terrain Europe, right? And what about the US? Would you set the switcher to NA or to Global during installation and/or usage? Do you decativate Ultimate Terrain 2 when flying in ORBX regions?

I would be anxious about interference with ORBX regions, as both are (among others) landclass products and modify terrain.cfg entries, don't they? If memory serves me right, there were issues using Ultimate Terrain together with ORBX sceneries in the old FSX/UT1 days.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

How do you use Ultimate Terrain 2 together with the ORBX region switcher? I would suspect you set it to Global during installation and usage of Ultimate Terrain Europe, right? And what about the US? Would you set the switcher to NA or to Global during installation and/or usage? Do you decativate Ultimate Terrain 2 when flying in ORBX regions?

I would be anxious about interference with ORBX regions, as both are (among others) landclass products and modify terrain.cfg entries, don't they? If memory serves me right, there were issues using Ultimate Terrain together with ORBX sceneries in the old FSX/UT1 days.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Hmm interesting thread as i uses ORBX. (everything without Vectors as i also find it a VAS consumer)

So can we have an video with those 3D lights you talk so much about?

And can i have UTX2 EU/USA on top of FTX OLC-EU,Global? (and regions like FTX Norway?)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

And can i have UTX2 EU/USA on top of FTX OLC-EU,Global? (and regions like FTX Norway?)

I am wondering how well this would work myself.  I think it should be possible pretty easily for UTX2 EU and FTX Global/OpenLC EU.  That part should be fine.  What about adding FTX Norway to the mix though?  I guess as long as that's higher than UTX2 we'd get the vector data from the FTX Norway package vs UTX2 - I assume that there is vector data as part of the FTX Norway product?  Maybe not and that comes from Vector instead?

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about using UTX2 EU for vector data and FTX for the rest.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Richard... If you get the chance please could you post some screen shots of that glow, I've spent quite a bit of my life watching that glow from airplane windows so am interested to see if ot matches what's in my head

Oh it glows my friend - let me see if I can hack an install of UTX V2 USA without official install - not sure if i will be able to setup the lights as reported by a posted by Eric not looking to mess up my P3D 2.5 install - have to see how things go but i will if I can - have to hit simforums to see how i can get it loaded

Rich Sennett

Don't blow anything up!

Bri

lol try not to Bri

Rich Sennett