Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ultimate Terrain vs. ORBX products

I have seen hints that UTX v2 will be also  be released for Canada. Can anyone confirm this? The reason I ask, is that originally, there were no plans to do so. If Canada does get supported, I'd be 

Canada would be great - I think I will buy Europe this Saturday as it is 2.5 ready I believe -  I will show you some shots of this product I think you will be impressed - going to wait for USA official install for 2.5 - Graham hang in there will post you some shots for your viewing pleasure - I think you will like it very much

Rich Sennett

I think I will buy Europe this Saturday as it is 2.5 ready I believe -  I will show you some shots of this product I think you will be impressed

Please do post some pix Rich. I want to remove Vector and use UTX instead around Europe if it looks better.

Thanks

Adam 

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Please do post some pix Rich. I want to remove Vector and use UTX instead around Europe if it looks better.

Thanks

Adam 

Will do - no problem :) let yah know - thanks

Rich Sennett

This has been a very helpful thread. FTXG+UTC2 seems the best route. My only hold back is the absence of UTX Canada. Will version 1.2 of this work with UTX2 USA?

This has been a very helpful thread. FTXG+UTC2 seems the best route. My only hold back is the absence of UTX Canada. Will version 1.2 of this work with UTX2 USA?

It should work but again if you are using P3D 2.5 it will be dicey due to folder structure change thats why I am waiting on USA updated installer as I don't think Estonia tool has been updated to take in consideration this new folder structure change - which I will look into on Their forums

Rich Sennett

Is it possible to just switch Vector OFF without uninstalling it completely? Untick everything in the config window?

(not even sure it's possible to uninstall Vector as it's an Orbx product!).

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Is it possible to just switch Vector OFF without uninstalling it completely? Untick everything in the config window?

(not even sure it's possible to uninstall Vector as it's an Orbx product!).

Yes - you can uninstall it but it's a pain - just uncheck all entries.

Note - one thing I haven't tested yet - if you've used the AEC tool - you might want to reset all the corrections before disabling Vector.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Richard - I also used the workaround and the native Europe installer. I have Glolbal, Vector(disabled), OpenLC and have had no issues at all.

The 2.1 USA should be out in a few weeks - Allen is on vacation. All other areas, Canada, Alaska, Tropics, etc are in the works.

Vic

OpenLC in sandwich between UTX europe urban and vegetation?

Have you disabled the LC of UTX europe?

OpenLC in sandwich between UTX europe urban and vegetation?

Have you disabled the LC of UTX europe?

No - since UTX it is higher in priority, it will override OPenlc in areas that both cover and openlc will be used in areas not covered by UTX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So we can have FTX Global,OpenLC and UTX2?

looking forward to see the effect of the lights

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

So we can have FTX Global,OpenLC and UTX2?

looking forward to see the effect of the lights

Michael Moe

No way - FTX Global and UTX V2 thats all you need UTX takes care of landclass and vector thats the whole point of getting away from vector 

Rich Sennett

No way - FTX Global and UTX V2 thats all you need UTX takes care of landclass and vector thats the whole point of getting away from vector 

So I would think you could have FTXG, OpenLC and UTX2 just using UTX2 for vector data.  I would think this would be better at least from the standpoint of with OpenLC, it's going to be able to reference the FTXG custom textures where UTX2 would not.  So, I would expect to see at least a greater variety with OpenLC in the mix vs just using Global with UTX2 and its textures.  UTX2 has no notion of those custom Global textures and therefor would be limited in its choices.

I'm not saying the end result here would necessarily be closer to reality or not.  After all, both are just land class and that will never give you exactly what's there on the planet.  I just think you'd see a much greater variety, less repetition using OpenLC then you would just using UTX2.  Unless UTX2 comes with its own custom textures for the entire region too?  I think it has custom city textures but does it have custom textures for the entire region like OpenLC does?  Need to re-read their product page...

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So I would think you could have FTXG, OpenLC and UTX2 just using UTX2 for vector data.  

Kev all good points but there is no landclass for USA from Orbx yet only Europe so UTX provides both LC and vector data which I am really happy with so personally I will get Europe UTX V2 and Canada I hope and I am good to go for the regions I would fly in - after some sleep and a fresh install of P3D 2.5 today I will post some screenshots - just Europe as I will wait for a new installer for the USA - to bad I miss it but will have to wait as I dont want to hack in the USA version due to the lighting program that comes with UTX - its pretty cool - in ftx global you have no control of lights like you do in UTX

Rich Sennett

Oh, yeah...I've been talking all from the EU point of view as that's where I've been flying the most lately.  Right, if you want land class and vector in the US, then UTX2 would definitely be the way to go!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024