Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Installing ORBX regions into P3D v2.5

Just run the installers and set them to P3Dv2 when asked.

Cheers!

Maarten

And always re-install the latest ORBX library after installing any ORBX product...   

They also have a beta FTX Centralv2 out that will handle P3Dv2.5

Just run the installers and set them to P3Dv2 when asked.

I don't remember what versions of my New Zealand north, New Zealand south, North America, England, and Wales, I have.

Probably everything is from P3D v 1.4 ;

in other words,I have over 20,000 files, from various installations, amounting to over 130 GB, alllllll over the place!... none of which do I know are usable in P3DV2.5.

...thank god for Void systems', used at least 10 times a day, EVRERYTHING free search tool!

So, the question is, should I delete everything that has FTX (*ftx*.*)in the file name and re-download with the latest installers?

I am loving P3D V2 .5!, and  I don't want to screw anything up with a spurious re-install.

Thanks in advance for your speedy reply,

Chaks

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I did re-download all P3Dv2 ready files from FSS. Yes, this was time and bandwith consuming and boring, too. But now I do not only have installers specifically for P3Dv2 but all the latest versions of the sceneries/airports too - so no fiddling around with additional patches - this makes a difference! (until the next patch is released at least :wink:)

Cheers

Frank

So...dump everything and re download huh?

Thanks Frank!

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Sort of, yes. I would first remove all OrbX (FTX...) entries from the the scenery library before removing all related scenery files from your disk (sorry if you were aware of this).

Best Regards

Frank

Ta sir!

Bubbye 130GB *ftx*.bgls..

And attendant installers

Chas

If you do a P3D reinstall ,can you save ,and then drop all the Orbx scenery right back into the sim? Or there registry entry's in Windows?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

My orbx installers are asking for a Disk 1 ? 

Then like as not you're installing from a zip file. Don't

UNZIP it first.