Sign in to follow this  
Aamir

Majestic Dash-8 Q400 Pilot Edition - $17!

Well the saga continues.  I did get an email from my CC company saying a credit had been issued but no correspondence from PCA at all.   Plane still flies.   When I pulled up account info in control panel, it said I was in pending verification.    Pretty sure I would be screwed were I try to re-install.    Unfortunate they're actively trying to void those purchases but I think we all knew this was likely a mistake within their system we took advantage of.  Perhaps it was just a bit too big of a hit to take even for the very short time it was on sale.

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Pretty sure that in most countries once money has been taken for goods or services that constitutes a contract between both parties and the party providing the goods or services does not have the right to change their mind on the price agreed when the contract was entered into. I guess if I were fortunate enough to have been able to have purchased products at the low prices advertised I would be asking PCA to honour the original contract or asking on what legal basis they are refusing to honour it. If payment was made by credit card it may be possible that the credit card company would become involved if you made them aware of the situation as I understand that they generally offer legal protection for purchases made through their services.

Pretty sure that in most countries once money has been taken for goods or services that constitutes a contract between both parties and the party providing the goods or services does not have the right to change their mind on the price agreed when the contract was entered into. I guess if I were fortunate enough to have been able to have purchased products at the low prices advertised I would be asking PCA to honour the original contract or asking on what legal basis they are refusing to honour it. If payment was made by credit card it may be possible that the credit card company would become involved if you made them aware of the situation as I understand that they generally offer legal protection for purchases made through their services.

This is absolutely right. At least under European law, it is not legal what PCAviator is doing. They have entered a contract and can't void the contract simply because they don't like the price at which they sold the product.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

This is absolutely right. At least under European law, it is not legal what PCAviator is doing. They have entered a contract and can't void the contract simply because they don't like the price at which they sold the product.

I don't know under what law does PCAviator operate, but I have the feeling that should all the affected customers issued lawsuits they would loose much more money than if they honored the low priced contracts.

Guys, really?

There was a glitch in the system and some of you are talking about taking legal action against PCAviator because they won't let you keep your incorrectly priced addon? Unbelievable. 

and some of you are still trying to get around activation and 'reinstalls' etc. even after you've received the refund? we're getting very close to the 'P' word here.

Respect to the guys who said 'oh well, it was a mistake' and moved on, but the children talking about lawsuits over the difference of $43 is pathetic. If you can't afford the Q400 at $60, wait for a legitimate sale or go outside, get a job and save up like the rest of us have to.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Guys, really?

There was a glitch in the system and some of you are talking about taking legal action against PCAviator because they won't let you keep your incorrectly priced addon? Unbelievable.

and some of you are still trying to get around activation and 'reinstalls' etc. even after you've received the refund? we're getting very close to the 'P' word here.

Respect to the guys who said 'oh well, it was a mistake' and moved on, but the children talking about lawsuits over the difference of $43 is pathetic. If you can't afford the Q400 at $60, wait for a legitimate sale or go outside, get a job and save up like the rest of us have to.

Your response is just as unbelievable. There are laws in place and EVERYBODY has to respect those rules. What PCAviator does is nothing else than an illegal breach of contracts. This has nothing to do with "accepting that they made an error". From a legal perspective it is another error they are committing now. Period. That's the only thing I'm saying. Maybe you should save some money and get some law classes.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

That's the only thing I'm saying. Maybe you should save some money and get some law classes.

That's the only thing you're saying because you don't actually know what you're talking about.

I could 'get some law classes' Or, you know, I could just spend 5 minutes on Google...

http://consumerist.com/2011/12/22/canceling-orders-over-a-pricing-error-is-not-the-same-as-bait-and-switch/

"[...] that does not mean that the seller is required to honor the original price"

http://globalnews.ca/news/1355313/lenovo-canada-cancels-customer-orders-after-online-pricing-error/

“the provision (section 74.05 of the Competition Actdoes not apply if the advertised price was a mistake and the error was immediately corrected.”

http://conversation.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/pricing-mistake-next-ms-sofa-tv-online-shops-honour/ (EU)

"[...] where it is clear there is a mistake, the consumer cannot then take advantage of that mistake."

http://www.consumeradvertisinglawblog.com/2013/05/oops-pricing-mistakes-by-online-retailers.html

"at least where a posted price is so egregiously low—or, in Razor’s case, a coupon so dramatically over-generous—that a reasonable consumer would suspect it is a mistake, this doctrine would entitle the retailer to repudiate the contract. "

Carlo, if I were you I'd ask for a refund for those 'law classes' that you took.

Class dismissed.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

All the things you cited would apply if they had offered the Majestic for, let's say, 0.50 USD instead of the original 50 USD. This would have been an obvious mistake. At 17 USD it is not obvious as deep discounts are quite common in simming. Anyways, let's agree to disagree. What PCAviator did was bad business practice one way or the other. And I will not buy there anymore. Everybody can decide with their wallet.

All the things you cited would apply if they had offered the Majestic for, let's say, 0.50 USD instead of the original 50 USD. This would have been an obvious mistake. At 17 USD it is not obvious as deep discounts are quite common in simming. Anyways, let's agree to disagree. What PCAviator did was bad business practice one way or the other. And I will not buy there anymore. Everybody can decide with their wallet.

Sorry Carlo but Neil is right on this one. We're not talking about Wilco here. $17 is an obvious mistake for a high level developer such as Majestic. I do agree however that PCAviator probably should have just accepted the minor losses of their mistake and moved on.

James McLees

$17 is an obvious mistake for a high level developer such as Majestic.

This might be an "obvious" mistake for you as a sim insider. However, I'm 100% certain it does not qualify as a "legal mistake" along the lines of the sources Neil has quoted. No court would ever rule that price as a price which for the buyer must have been obvious to be a mistake. But let's stop that discussion here. This is taking all of us nowhere.

And by the way: I have purchased the Majestic Q400 long time ago at a nice discount of 25% at Just Flight. And the Majestic is absolutely worth even the full price! So in any case: Go out there and buy the Q400 if you haven't yet. I just would not buy it at PCAviator... ;-)

I have purchased the Majestic Q400 long time ago at a nice discount of 25% at Just Flight.
Nice!! Can't wait for the Pro edition.

James McLees

I'm locking this as it is only going downhill more and more.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10