Sign in to follow this  
Berike

What do you use to calculate fuel?

I use http://fuelplanner.com/index.php but I don't think it's accurate, because of payload etc

Would be nice to have something like Aerosoft Airbus Fuel Planner, that generates a loadsheet.

Any suggestion to calculate the fuel would be great :)

Hi Fabio,

The best thing to do really is use a flight planning system like PFPX or Simbrief that will calculate very precisely the fuel requirements based on the payload, route distance, altitude and winds aloft.

You may have to do a little tweaking to take in to account the fact that the burn may differ slightly from the real world performance (the PMDG 747, for instance, burns about 8% more than the real 747, though that's not a consistent figure across the flight regime) but once you have that sorted out you can get very accurate results.

PFPX is awesome, but it's payware.

There is a spreadsheet kicking around here on the forum that someone drew up for fuel calculations.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460888-updated-tool-for-737ng-performance-planning/?hl=+excel

I've never looked at it, so I'm not sure how well it works.

EDIT:  Not sure what plane you are using...you didn't say.  The above is for the NGX.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I use http://fuelplanner.com/index.php but I don't think it's accurate, because of payload etc

Would be nice to have something like Aerosoft Airbus Fuel Planner, that generates a loadsheet.

Any suggestion to calculate the fuel would be great :)

If you're serious about learning about route planning and customizing routes: PFPX.

If you just want a route someone else used (or would like to validate a route you found online, like on FlightAware), and some pretty accurate fuel numbers: SimBrief.

Kyle Rodgers

PFPX is compatible with P3D 2.5?

Found here

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pricing/

Would you recommend PFPX + Topcat?

PFPX is compatible with life.

(That probably looks sardonic, but it's not meant to be. See below.)

Think about it:

PFPX finds routes based on real life nav data. PFPX calculates performance of aircraft based on real life perf data. Aircraft developers (who are accurate) develop their aircraft based on real life perf data. I don't know why the sim would matter at all here.

Granted, the P3D route file is different (I think), but when it comes to our products, you'd want to export in our format anyway.

Kyle Rodgers

Awesome!
Just purchased the bundle, lets see :)

The PFPX aircraft database don't read my installed aircrafts?

The PFPX aircraft database don't read my installed aircrafts?

No. You have to manually add them.

Kyle Rodgers

When select 737 / 777 do I have to change anything considering PMDG aircrafts?

When select 737 / 777 do I have to change anything considering PMDG aircrafts?

Have you looked?  :wink:

(The answer is yes, unless you're not selecting the PMDG template they have.)

...but at this point, you probably want to move on over to the PFPX forum to continue to get your questions answered for their product.

Kyle Rodgers

Great thanks!

Just added the aircraft.cfg file

Where do I change PMDG from (LB) to (KG) for fuel?

Where do I change PMDG from (LB) to (KG) for fuel?

FMC Display options (under PMDG SETUP> in the sim), or from the OC if you're not currently in the sim. The liveries already address this, however. Just make sure your PFPX profile for that aircraft is also in KGs if the NGX livery is in KGs.

Kyle Rodgers