Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

ILS Approach : Not aligning with the runway

I am having this weird issue with the 737NGX. I did a flight from EGKK to LFPG on ILS 26L for landing. On the 777, I have no issue. I lined up with the runway perfectly and land without any trouble. On the 737NGX, I seem to be align but when I get closer to the runway, I am always a little left on the runway (on the grass). The plane doesn't correct itself, the AP disengage and now I have to almost do an emergency landing. Anything that could be the cause of this ?  I tried 3 times with the same exact result.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Anything that could be the cause of this ?

FSX

FSX:SE

Prepar3D?

Kyle Rodgers

FSX

FSX:SE

Prepar3D?

Sorry. It's in Prepar3D. I tried with the 737-600 and 700.

Why would that only impact the 737NGX and not the 777 ?

Why would that only impact the 737NGX and not the 777 ?

Not a clue. Just a suggestion. With computer issues, sometimes it's best to simply try things before dismissing them when the computer is acting oddly.

Kyle Rodgers

Also, have you configured the NGX FMC to automatically detect and set the FSX Localizer course? You can find that option under 'Simulation' settings.

I believe that having the wrong ILS Course set in the MCP (due to the FSX airport data not matching the charts and/or Navigraph update) will cause this problem for the PMDG planes.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

I am unable to land this plane. I updated the nav data. I catch the glide slope. I am slightly misalign with the runway. I hit about 30 feet before touching the runway, the AP disengage and the plane is acting up like it was a missed approach. I was at 138 kts, flaps 30. I used the same method I was using with th 777 and I land the plane perfectly, I know I must be doing something wrong but i can't figure out why at the last sec, the plane refuse to land.

Just completed   this flight with no issues landing on rwy26L    108.35      course 266

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Here's a video I recorded yesterday. For some reason I hit the glideslope but I was 100 feet too high. I don't know why. Any help would be appreciated

What is this airports ILS LOC CRS?

Your dialed CRS 000?

Are you trying to do an Autoland in the video?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What is this airports ILS LOC CRS?

Your dialed CRS 000?

Are you trying to do an Autoland in the video?

I was..This the information I was looking for. I didn't set the course or the ILS radio frequency. Since it get auto set in the 777, I didn't know I  had to do it manually.

Also, I did not see the PFD /MCP well in the video .. were you set up for Autoland at 1500 feet and (autopilots) all correct indications?

I think I seen single channel annunciated on PFD .

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

You had GREEN single channel indication. This means autopilot uses FMC to build the glidepath. And it's followed accordingly to barometric altimeter and it seems you haven't the pressure it correctly. That is why you have the miss of 100'. And the same for course: you can see that you have FAC instead of LOC, it just uses coordinates to guide you.

This was caused because you were tuned to VOR, located 130nm away, no chance it could get the glideslope.

I see lots of mistakes and highly recommend you to fly the tutorial.

Though 777 and 737 have some differences - 777 can auto tune and automatically couples the autopilots, when 737 have integrated approach navigation (ILS-like non-presicion approach) - you should be familiar with FMA indications, however you didn't pay attention to them same as many other many procedures which are similar to both aircrafts.

According to the problem of misalignment - couldn't answer because haven't seen you flying ILS. But I think you were always doing IAN and, as it have navigation performance same as FMC (like 0.05nm) it could get you side of the runway.

Off topic, but oh so very very slow so far out. All simple fixes, but you need to read the manual first.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS