Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

An Honest Opinion Re P3D

A few stutters here and there and 4 FPS hit when looking at KDEN from side (ASN weather,  cloud cover thickens later in the flight) ... I'm uploading the native video right now so you can download and view/playback locally if you desire (warning another 1.3GB file) ... will provide link as soon as it's done.

Links to graphics settings used are in the video description/info.

Cheers, Rob.

I did not have a chance to download it yet but watching on YouTube the funny thing is it looks to me like its smoother than the first video.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

You have a lot to learn Rob  :smile:

If you want a set of flows for the NG PM your email. Hopefully that will help get you going.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You have a lot to learn Rob :smile:

Exactly my thought. :-) However, that's the fun part. Apart from learning the flows it is extremely important to understand what you are doing and why you are doing it. Then you start to see a lot of similarities between the different aircraft types (sometimes even between Airbus and Boeing). Then it will also be much easier mastering mutliple complex aircraft types and remembering the different (but somehow similar) flows. But I also love the learning part. And with complex add-ons like the PMDGs you always learn...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

And the big question where will he get the time as you know hes got a lot going on - actually more than you know

Rich Sennett

Here's the download link to the video above:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyZWstb25COC1nLXc/view?usp=sharing 

I think all the quality is in the aircraft paint work :)

Cheers, Rob. 

Finally had a chance to download and view the file.  Absolutely amazing visuals and really excellent performance out of the sim.....so much so I almost didn't notice your total disregard for any sort of SOP  :ph34r: .  Only thing that is kind of weird about P3D is the clouds.  Sometimes they look like cartoon drawn cotton balls in the sky and at other times (around 12minutes) they look like perfect clouds and you can really see the 3D effect of them floating on a layer in the sky with the ground far below.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Finally had a chance to download and view the file.  Absolutely amazing visuals and really excellent performance out of the sim.....so much so I almost didn't notice your total disregard for any sort of SOP  :ph34r: .  Only thing that is kind of weird about P3D is the clouds.  Sometimes they look like cartoon drawn cotton balls in the sky and at other times (around 12minutes) they look like perfect clouds and you can really see the 3D effect of them floating on a layer in the sky with the ground far below.  

You want to see some wicked clouds rex4 with also soft clouds and Opus fsi - outstanding

Rich Sennett

total disregard for any sort of SOP

You gotta tune into Jeff Nielson's (airline pilot guy) http://airlinepilotguy.com/  - pod casts and YouTube videos - you may come away with a different opinion of SOP vs. the real world of commercial piloting.  But I agree, didn't pay much attention to SOP in this session.

weird about P3D is the clouds

Really depends on cloud choice, weather engine use (or not), and P3D detail cloud settings, and weather engine settings (i.e. ASN's force 7/8 option will tend to make the clouds repetative).   FSGRW will produce different results from ASN which will be different from OpusFSI ... that's why I use different weather engines ... but for PMDG, not much of a choice other than ASN if I want a working weather radar.  FSGRW usually produces the best performing weather (in terms of no FPS hit) ... I'll often fire up all 3 at departure just to see which I prefer and it's performance impact.

For example this video I made the clouds are VERY different:

You can tailor the clouds and weather engines to meet your desires.

Cheers, Rob.

"Biggest problem is that I have many high quality aircraft and just not enough time to fly them all and learn them all ... "

I'm hearing you...!

Ian S

38.jpg

"Biggest problem is that I have many high quality aircraft and just not enough time to fly them all and learn them all ... "

Time is a problem for everyone, I guess. But I think it is more satisfying to learn how to properly fly one complex aircraft instead of messing around with multiple planes and not knowing what you are doing. But this is just my opinion because what I like about simming is to understand how these complex planes with all their systems work as well as understanding real world procedures. But some people feel joy from somehow taking tons of different planes in the air. To each his own. And as long as you are enjoying yourself everything is fine...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Time is a problem for everyone, I guess. But I think it is more satisfying to learn how to properly fly one complex aircraft instead of messing around with multiple planes and not knowing what you are doing. But this is just my opinion because what I like about simming is to understand how these complex planes with all their systems work as well as understanding real world procedures.

That's an interesting point.  I have suddenly become very enthused by flightsim again after the release of the 777 in P3D.  I've been a long time simmer (17 years), but over the past two years, I'd lost all of the excitement and enthusiasm I previously had for it and my simming time dropped quite dramatically.    This is partly because for me (i) the 'realism' aspect is not really there, (although developers are creating more and more cues which increase the 'sense' of realism), and (ii)  I wasnt doing enough 'technical' flying.  

I've realised as I get older, that study sims are what excite me more in flightsim than just the hum drum of A to B.  LIke you, I really enjoy learning  systems and how to operate (as far as a PC can teach you)  a machine I fly on quite regularly.    There is something about completing a 777 flight using PFPX, the FMC and all the fluff that goes with it, which is quite satisfying.  My love for flightsim has been restored.  Always something new to learn..

For example this video I made the clouds are VERY different:

You can tailor the clouds and weather engines to meet your desires.

Cheers, Rob.

Just watched this in 1080p full screen and the clouds do look fantastic. I think it was the cloud from above and in the distance that were the issue in the first video.  Anyway, still amazing visuals you have there from P3D 2.5

Mark W   CYYZ