Hi All,

I currently have an i5 3570K running at 4.7 GHz on an Asus P8Z77-V Prand I am thinking of swapping this combination out for the following:

i7 4790K on an Asus Z97 Pro motherboard

I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice on whether or not this is a decent upgrade. I have always used Asus motherboards but am completely open to suggestions on alternatives. I currently run a Asus GTX 780 which I plan on keeping for the time being.

Best Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

My 2600k @ 5.0 will match my 4690k @ 4.4

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Forgive me if I misunderstand you but are you saying that it isn't worth upgrading the processor & motherboard?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I can't see the gains being worth the cost.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Damn the never ending quest for that little bit of extra performance lol

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Forgive me if I misunderstand you but are you saying that it isn't worth upgrading the processor & motherboard?

Just saying that with your system @ 4.7 that would be roughly equal to a 4790k @ 4.3

If you were able to get to 4.7 with the new computer you will see a small jump 5-10 fps and smoothness, but only you can decide if its worth the COST and TIME to do the upgrade. For me it would not have been worth it, but I already had mine sold and wanted to build a new computer just for fun anyway. :lol: I now have a full tower Corsair 750D lots of room and a nice clear panel on the side to see all the goodies.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Just saying that with your system @ 4.7 that would be roughly equal to a 4790k @ 4.3

If you were able to get to 4.7 with the new computer you will see a small jump 5-10 fps and smoothness, but only you can decide if its worth the COST and TIME to do the upgrade. For me it would not have been worth it, but I already had mine sold and wanted to build a new computer just for fun anyway. :lol: I now have a full tower Corsair 750D lots of room and a nice clear panel on the side to see all the goodies.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I got a little too excited at the thought of an upgrade lol. My rig is rock solid at 4.7 so I guess I should be pretty happy. I am now venturing into the P3D world and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results. Loving the NGX in P3D :)

I think I'm going to invest in another 8GB Ram and another SSD that I can dedicate P3D too.

This should keep me going until it's time to donate my pc to my son and do it all again

Happy flying guys

Richard

Richard

mmBbmS1.png