Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

SimHeaven's OSM and Word2XP sceneries...

I would like to know, for the average European regions, what will have a higher impact on FPS - SimHeaven OSM or the Countries  World2XP sceneries?

I installed OSM Europe, but would probably get the Portugal and Spain, as well as some other countries around Europe World2XP sceneries.

1) I believe that if I declare them above the OSM Europe, the specific regions will take precedence, right?

2) Since I also use Zone Level 16 from Zone Photo, for some areas of Portugal and Spain, and those are at the end of my scenery config file, I guess that the World2XP objects

will be superimposed over them, right ?

3) Last but not least, say I get the "SD" version of World2XP Portugal. Will I experience lower frame rates than if I were using only OSM Europe  for those regions not covered by the ZL16 stuff?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1) Yep, correct. If you place W2XP regions above OSM Europe, then yes W2XP will take precendence, but will also take longer to load. If you're not using OSM Europe in a specific region, you are best disabling it.

2) Yep correct

3) In regards to W2XP vs OSM2XP scenery, W2XP displays more objects, e.g. trees in residential areas and around fields and some other objects, however it uses facades to a lesser extent than OSM2XP (objects perform better). So depending on the data available, W2XP can be better in some instances, and worse in others. For just buildings, W2XP should be faster, but even the SD version on Simheaven's site will add some extras to the scenery such as trees, obstacles etc.. 

Thx Tony for the prompt answer  :good:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...