Sign in to follow this  
twincessna340a

Loss of Overhead Clickspots w/ PTP Installed Airplanes

In any of my 777 airplanes that I used .ptp to install with the Operations Center I have loss of clickspots with several switches on the overhead.

This is not an eyepoint issue. I moved eyepoint forward and problem still persisted. Issue also presents when on the 'overhead' view of the VC.

I did a full uninstall and reinstall with SP1d which didn't fix the issue.

Switches affected (known so far):

Battery, APU Gen, EMER LTS Switch and guard, PASS O2 guard and switch, APU fire handle, cargo fire swithes, L R Center and Xfeed fuel pumps

- Ike Callaway

Switches affected (known so far):
Battery, APU Gen, EMER LTS Switch and guard, PASS O2 guard and switch, APU fire handle, cargo fire swithes, L R Center and Xfeed fuel pumps

I haven't seen this. If this is a non-PMDG PTP, the issue is likely that the person who made the file made it prior to SP1d, and the supporting files that go into the PTP (the files that determine which options the plane has) are outdated and throwing the aircraft off.

Another option is to copy one of the PMDG tail number files, and replace the offending livery's tail number file with it. This should be done with the sim not running.

Kyle Rodgers

Another option is to copy one of the PMDG tail number files, and replace the offending livery's tail number file with it. This should be done with the sim not running.

No go. The 3 liveries below are the ones causing issue for me.

KLM:                          http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=188977

Garuda:                     http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=188995

Lufthansa (fictional):  http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=186496

- Ike Callaway

Tried to do a manual install with just the texture folder and CFG entires.....still losing the clickspots.

Are you ensuring that there is a matching livery file in the PMDG directory? It doesn't need to be the one included in the livery download - just copy the default PMDG file and rename it what the livery's tail number is in the aircraft.cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

Tried it with the automatic and manual installs, sill doesn't work. I have also tried a couple of other non-PMDG paints which are having the same issue.

- Ike Callaway

Tried it with the automatic and manual installs, sill doesn't work. I have also tried a couple of other non-PMDG paints which are having the same issue.

I apologize for pressing this issue, but I don't see a direct answer to my question:

Did you ensure that there is a matching tail number file in the PMDG directory?

This might sound inconsequential, but it does actually matter. Try to copy an existing file (one you know that works), and name it with the tail number for that livery listed in the aircraft.cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you ensure that there is a matching tail number file in the PMDG directory?

Yes

Try to copy an existing file (one you know that works)

Tried both with the default and other OC downloaded paints.

In any of my 777 airplanes that I used .ptp to install with the Operations Center

I incorrectly stated all when I was talking about the -300ER. I haved checked the -200LR and the issue is occuring there as well.

However,

There is one that is working correctly that I have been flying pre and post SP1d:

Lufthansa Boeing 777-F30 Livery Package

Author: Ioan Blidariu / PMDG

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=179587

All the other issue airplanes are authored by non-PMDG staff....

I am still getting the "FSX Missing livery entries detected: PMDG 777 - FSX" notification with this one, which I simply have been ignoring.

- Ike Callaway

Tried both with the default and other OC downloaded paints.

Not talking about that. I'm referring to the tail number file. Copy an existing - known-to-work - tail number file and name it whatever the tail number is in the aircraft.cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

Exactly. I've both used the default PMDG tail number (N773ER.ini) and other .ini(s) I've gotten through the Op Ctr., copied them and renamed them for the PTP and manual install airplanes. Both resulted in not fixing the issue.

- Ike Callaway