Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Navigraph Extension Pack for the S550 Citation II released!

Typical Carendo garbage if you ask me, stick with a2a/F1..

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I hope, Carenado can solve current limitations as they are putting on risk their future sales with the Hawker 850 XP.

Clear skies,

Jcmmg

I updated the File with the newest Navigraph release. This was without any issue

As reported already above I cant find any documentation.

All the waypoints are listed and make nearly unpossible to ready anything in the MFD. Was not able to find the right button to switch that off

Also for me it is not clear how to add waypoints after chossing the departure and arrival airport (and the SID & STARS)

Maybe sombebody can give me a hand and could explain it to me? If I enter a waypoint it is always at the end of the FP. I guess I need to click somewhere to put the WP in the right place/row

Also if I create a FP externaly in Flightsim Commander or PFPX and save it into the FSX. How can I load this FP in the MFD now? I guess it is not possible right? ;-)

Cheers,

Mark

I just added 2 pop-up panels to the Citation ( GPS and the Autopilot pop up window from my Falcon 50 ) and using it until I sort this out. The Autopilot has been a bit quirky along with the heading bug.  Wish it had a 2D cockpit. 

Mark - Select your destination waypoint on the FPL page and enter your route waypoint in its place. Your destination will reappear underneath once ENTER is pressed. There is no airways functionality (or if there is - its not apparent to me), just add each waypoint one at a time. VNAV is not working as it should - pressing NAV or VNAV just swaps NAV to GPS. Every single waypoint needs an appropriate ALT entered into the FMC (no option to leave this blank and climb to cruise - it's a lot of guesswork). There appears to me to be no option to enter an arrival runway even with the 1503 Navigraph update. Good luck with it Mark.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Here's a 7 min video that may help with waypoint and Star entry into the FMS

Also for me it is not clear how to add waypoints after chossing the departure and arrival airport (and the SID & STARS)

You first enter the two airport ICAOs, then you need to click on the destination ICAO airport again and then enter your first waypoint and press enter.   This will 'sandwich' the new waypoint in between the airport ICAOs.

Repeat for all waypoints.

Clunky system and not how the real world UNS works.

Now, CARENADO, how do we remove all the local waypoints from the MFD display, pleeeeaaase?! :smile:

rather use the F1 GTN, but at least Carenado are having a go.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I have yet to get my hands on the update, but Carenado stated that you would be able to enter airways.

The UNS-1 has a unique way of entering airways, not as intuitive as others.

For example on the above video out of Denver.

Enter your departure airport - KDEN

Make sure the cursor is on the next line below KDEN and enter the first point on the airway (think of this as the on-ramp) We will select DEN

Again make sure the cursor is on the next line under DEN and select LIST.

After you select list on the right side position 2R should say AIR WAYS. Select this and in the middle of the screen should be all of the airways that pass through DEN. (You may have to use PREV NEXT to see them all.) For example we will select reference number for J116.

After you select J116 across the top the airway should be building DEN - J116 and now we need to select the exit ramp. Again in the middle of the CDU we should see all of the waypoints that make up J116 and we may need to use PREV NEXT to find the one we want. We can also enter the waypoint directly in our case we will select FFU. So you can either find the reference number for FFU or type in FFU and press ENTER.

Once this is complete FPL should show up next to 5R to take us back to the flightplan and all of the points between DEN and FFU on J116.

^^^^ This is how the real UNS-1 operates with SCN 802/902/1000/1100. Again I have not received a copy of Carenado's update so YMMV. :rolleyes:

Well it is their first navigraph release but looks like its got a way to go

Same impression here. Carenado made the right move to go for more detailed gauges but it seems like it needs more than one small update.  :mellow:

Currently running the ISG mod from Janek and it's a stable basis so far plus a gain over my rather simple RXP 530 addition which I had before.

Thanks to Steve for that video on the new gauges btw. In the video, you are entering things in the VC only. Is there a 2D popup for the FMC available?

In case I've missed it. What Navigraph format are they using? Adapted from an existing one or should we expect the new and own 'Carenado' one to come alive within the next cycle?

In case I've missed it. What Navigraph format are they using? Adapted from an existing one or should we expect the new and own 'Carenado' one to come alive within the next cycle?

Yes, I was wondering the same. Especially as I use NavDataPro.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

. . .

I was able to add Carenado to the Navigraph ADDON mappings - it was a default choice already in the drop down list (not sure when it updated).

My FMS is still confused - cycle version reads correct in lower right (1503), but, expiration (lower left) is listed as 19-Feb-16.  Also noticed the UTC in the initial screen is wrong - seems to be local time . . .

Joe Lorenc

I was able to add Carenado to the Navigraph ADDON mappings

Nice. Sounds like an own format then although I do wonder if they ever communicated the syntax so that e.g. Aerosoft can adapt their stuff. Thanks for the information, Joe.

Has anyone figured out a way to select and activate an approach using the FMS? Without that, it appears to useless eye candy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors