Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Navigraph Extension Pack for the S550 Citation II released!

Anyone else expect a decrease in performance after the FMS upgrade? I'm getting around 15-20FPS when it was at least 30 before the update. 

Yes, although not that severe.  But a definite performance reduction.  It is probably from the additional rendering of all those waypoints on the MFD (which cannot be removed).

Jcmmg

Thanks for the write up.... I have been trying to figure out the FMC for a day... 2.1 and 8 were driving me nuts.   

Carenado has some work to do here.   I can care less about the price and the so called "update" to the 550, just make it work right.   

Dave  

The frame rate hit is the worst I've seen in years. I don't know if anyone else has the same experience. This has been a great disappointment.

Jcmmg

Thanks for the write up.... I have been trying to figure out the FMC for a day... 2.1 and 8 were driving me nuts.   

Carenado has some work to do here.   I can care less about the price and the so called "update" to the 550, just make it work right.   

Dave  

This is a good video of a example flight that shows how to take the best out of this FMS

It helped me hope that you as well

Clear skies,

Jcmmg

Great video and good production value too.

The more I look at the footage, the more I think that even this lite (or in some context wrong) FMC is what Carenado tried to achieve when it comes to delivering a tool just aiming to be better than previous renditions and not necessarily realistic when compared to the rw unit.

Apart from the fps impact and the confusingly cluttered waypoint display, this is a step up from older planes. Can't say that I'm happy about that step, but the direction fits and that's what I have to appreciate.

In practical terms though, I might still end up looking for a nice GTN or ISG mod before getting any of the future Carenado planes.